Mark Buehrle; Is there another pitcher so screwed

Frankensteiner

Roger Clemens comes to mind in the NL, but as far as the AL is concerned, I can't think of anyone close...

Buehrle's last 4 starts:

9 IP, 4 H, 1 R, 1 ER

8.1 IP, 9 H, 4 R, 3 ER

6.1 IP, 9 H, 3 R, 3 ER

7.2 IP, 7 H, 0 R, 0 ER

As far as run support, I think it's more important to note the runs our offense scored while Buehrle was still in the game (in order): 1, 3, 1, 1.

In other words :puke

Sorry if this was discussed in any other topics, but as a member of the "Mark Buehrle 2005 Cy Young Award" bandwagon, I thought the s***tiness of our team when Buehrle starts deserved its own thread.

QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 10:22 AM)
Actually the count is just as screwed if not more.. The offense has been downright pathetic for him..

LOL, I guess you might have a point, although Contreras doesn't go as deep into games as Buehrle.

Just goes to show you our success this season begins and ends with our starting pitching. Anyone thinking we don't need upgrades because of our record, or because we're in 1st place, is crazy.

Sucks to be Buehrle, but it really sucks to be Contreras. We should be talking about All-Star Game for him, but he won't go because of all the ND by this pathetic offense. I think Frank should've at least pinched hit last night. He eats junkball pitchers alive which is what was being thrown last night.

Topics like this seem a bit Cub-like. I always hear Cub fans making these type of arguments for Kerry Wood. When I bring up the fact that Kerry Wood has never won more than 14 games, they always say he never gets run support and he never gets help from his bullpen. Having said that, Buehrle has had some tough luck no decisions this year. The team hasn't scored him as many runs and the bullpen has blown several leads for Mark. I just think things will work themselves out and Mark will win his fair share of games. We don't want to complain to much about this because Mark usually does get ample run support. He is a great pitcher and he will have no problem once again getting to 16-20 wins, maybe even more.