Gio to WS, Bakker to Kanny, Stewart Released

Heads22

LHP Gio Gonzalez received from low A Kannapolis

Press Release from Winston-Salem Warthogs

Wilmington, DE - The Chicago White Sox made two Warthogs' roster moves Friday.  LHP Gio Gonzalez was received from low A Kannapolis, while RHP Garry Bakker was sent down to low A Kannapolis.  The Warthogs' active roster is at 25.

Read More...

Oh, and Josh Stewart was released.

Interesting but not a total shock.

They are really shaking things up in Charlotte, I would not be surprised to see them sign a few veteran pitchers off the scrap heap.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 10:41 AM)

They are really shaking things up in Charlotte, I would not be surprised to see them sign a few veteran pitchers off the scrap heap.

I'm surprised a bit he actually wasn't doing to poor but like you said it looks like they just want to shake things up.

QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)

Damn he was rolling and then took that line drive off of the chest and was never the same again. Its sad really.

QUOTE(poorme @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 05:17 PM)
what were stewart's stats? (he's vanished from the usual stat pages).

i don't really get this move, not that it matters much.

Stewart was 4-4 with a 4.25 ERA 14 games (11 starts). He had 65.2 IP, gave up 65 hits, walked 16 and struck out 41.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jun 17, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
Stewart was 4-4 with a 4.25 ERA 14 games (11 starts).  He had 65.2 IP, gave up 65 hits, walked 16 and struck out 41.

thanks. that's about what i thought. he was one of their better starters. hope he does well in japan.

I just realized that Winston-Salem is going with a 6 man rotation as of now. Gio started in Ryan Rodriguez's spot, but warthogs.com said Ryan is starting tonight. The way Rodriguez was pitching it seemed very likely that he would be the guy to get bumped. Maybe this means someone will get promoted to Birmingham for the 2nd half. I would assume Dizard would piggyback Broadway because Dizard hasn't been going deep into games. Either him or Rodriguez. So there really isn't much room for Liotta at the moment, not to say the Sox can't or won't make room.

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 18, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Lets say Gio goes into WS and dominates like he has been.. what do you think the chances are of him getting to Birmingham before the end of this season?

Anything can happen, but not real likely.