A little bit of Foreshadowing...

DABearSoX

Francona picked his all-star coaches.........

no ozzie......

Articlehttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/06/22/bc.bbo.all.starcoaches.ap/index.html

Alan Trammell from the tigers? what the hell how does this guy deserve respect like this...

not that its that big of deal, but it sorta tells you how he is gonna pick the rest of the reserves....

Looks like its not just the fans that make it a popularity contest.....

Sorry just got me a little steamed

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
Or because he has the tigers over 500

Come on, what is their salary? If anyone has those stats, let me know. They have a good team... just because they are the Tigers doesn't mean its a miracle they are over .500.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 12:29 AM)
Come on, what is their salary?  If anyone has those stats, let me know.  They have a good team... just because they are the Tigers doesn't mean its a miracle they are over .500.

He has got an injured maggs and a roid less pudge trust me it hard to have the tigers over 500.

I said it in the other thread. Trammel got it because of the hometown bid and because Francona coached him for a while. Macha got it because Macha made Francona his Bench Coach when Francona was on down on his luck. Nice to see a guy remember the guys that put him where he is today.

QUOTE(DABearSoX @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Francona picked his all-star coaches.........

no ozzie......

Articlehttp://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/baseball/mlb/06/22/bc.bbo.all.starcoaches.ap/index.html

Alan Trammell from the tigers? what the hell how does this guy deserve respect like this...

not that its that big of deal, but it sorta tells you how he is gonna pick the rest of the reserves....

Looks like its not just the fans that make it a popularity contest.....

Sorry just got me a little steamed

I don't think that Francona has as much say in the reserves as past managers do. I read somewhere that the players and all the managers have votes on the reserves because of Torre picking so many Yankee reserves in the past. MLB changed how the reserves are picked which may help the SOX!