We are in the playoffs...

Steve9347

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 11:33 PM)
Fact: No team that has had a 10 game lead at any point in the month of June has ever failed to make the playoffs.

Fact: On June 22nd, 2005, the White Sox owned a 10 game lead over the Twins.

Fact: on October 1, 2004 no team had ever blown a 3-0 lead in a best of seven series in the MLB playoffs.

Fact: on November 1, 2004 one team had blown a 3-0 lead in a best of seven series in the MLB playoffs.

Lesson: Records can be broken.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 10:07 AM)
Fact: on October 1, 2004 no team had ever blown a 3-0 lead in a best of seven series in the MLB playoffs.

Fact: on November 1, 2004 one team had blown a 3-0 lead in a best of seven series in the MLB playoffs.

Lesson:  Records can be broken.

He's trying to make the point that it's good news for Sox fans unless we end up royally choking,.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 08:07 AM)

Lesson:  Records can be broken.

You're such a dick! :P

It would take a lot for them not to make the playoffs, but anything is possible. In 2001, it would have taken 102 wins just to get the wildcard. Although unlikely, it is hardly impossible that Minnesota could sweep the next series against the Sox. In that scenario, we are talking about a 5 or 6 game lead and we have a real pennant race on our hands...

SFF

Edited by SpringfieldFan

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
He's trying to make the point that it's good news for Sox fans unless we end up royally choking,.

Yeah, I know. I was just saying that baseball is a funny game, and things that you think are safe, might not be.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 09:26 AM)
You're such a dick!  :P

See if you get a beer on the train :finger

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 08:37 AM)
Yeah, I know.  I was just saying that baseball is a funny game, and things that you think are safe, might not be.

See if you get a beer on the train :finger

Beer? IIRC, the only time you gave me anyting it was an MGD. :bringit