Paul Konerko Will Sign With The Sox???

Southside hitmen

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Before this season, Garland was already a proven good 5th starter in the majors.  All Daigle has proven is that he can hit Single A pitching at the age of 25.  That's not really impressive.

1-5 with a HR off Schilling????

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 07:03 PM)
1-5 with a HR off Schilling????

He didn't hit the HR off of Schilling.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)

He didnt? That is what someone here said so I went off that. My bad. :ph34r: :bang

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 30, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
I hope not.  He's going to get far to much money and he just isn't worth it.  I'd rather give Ross or Rogo a shot and use the money elsewhere but that's jmo.  Meanwhile the sox got the best record in baseball and who cares about the offseason :P

I agree that he isn't worth the money, but we need to replace his power.

daigle was 2 for 5 a 3 run blast. THe giants are asking for a #3 pitcher for Schmidt ...would they take Konerko. I don't t hink the sox want him next year. Giants are a little light at first.. We could move our lineup around. Move Dye to cleanup.. This is conjecture of course what would you rather have a 1 or 2 pitcher or a decent but sometime streaky power hitter who certainly is worth his money? DO I get the stupid award for this. Can we replace Konerko with say a Hillenbran for the remainder of the season.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jul 1, 2005 -> 05:05 PM)
daigle was 2 for 5 a 3 run blast.  THe giants are asking for a #3 pitcher for Schmidt  ...would they take Konerko.  I don't t hink the sox  want him next year. Giants are a little light at first..  We could move our lineup around.  Move Dye to cleanup..  This is conjecture of course what would you rather have a 1 or 2 pitcher or a decent  but sometime streaky power hitter who certainly is worth his money? DO I get the stupid award for this. Can we replace Konerko with say a Hillenbran for the remainder of the season.

Not when they have J.T Snow and Lance Niekro already on the 25 man roster. And J.P Riccardi has stated he won't be trading Shea Hillenbrand. He's not a FA at the end of the season, the Blue Jays payroll is increasing greatly over the next few seasons and they want to keep him.