Getting ready for the 2nd half

BigSqwert

Well the All Star Break is just about here. What kinds of trades/deals/call-ups do we need to get done to tweak this team for a WS run?

My suggestions:

- Move Konerko down a spot or 2 in the lineup. He is slower than molasses and doesn't seem to be driving in as many key runs as he did earlier in the year. Maybe give Dye the clean-up duties. He is hitting the ball out with more regularity as of late.

- Make a deal for a solid starter. Doesn't nessarily need to be an ace but I'd like a proven winner, preferably with post season experience. I can do without Contreras.

- Get a good lefty for the bullpen that can actually get lefties out.

- Trade for a solid utility infielder who can play 1st and 3rd. Get rid of guys like Harris, Timo and Ozuna. They are worthless.

Any thoughts?

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Brian @ Jul 9, 2005 -> 09:01 PM)
Get Marte back healthy. Add Gload to the bench.

Apparently Gload will be back after the break. El Duque and Marte soon to follow. Are you confident in El Duque, Contreras and Marte going forward? I'm not sure I am.

Overall I am highly confident that we make the play-offs. It would be one of the hugest collapses in mlb history if we didn't get in. I just hope we have what it takes to beat the likes of Boston, Anaheim, Texas, etc in a 5 game series in round 1. Schilling/Clement or Colon/Washburn could give us an 0-2 hole right away.

Edited by BigSqwert

Sox need a break (from Oakland - we better hope Minny or Cleveland play well enough to keep Oakland out of the Wild Card).

We also need an infusion of new blood.

1. Ross Gload. I'd like to see him start at 1B and hit cleanup the first game back (unless we're facing a lefty), and at least twice a week. I also agree that Dye and Konerko should switch places in the order until Konerko revives his stroke.

2. El Duque and Damaso Marte for Jenks and Walker. It was nice to get a peek at Jenks, but he needs to go back down.

3. Make a trade for a 4th starter who we can count on in October, and to upgrade our OBP at SS (and add another lefty bat). Schmidt/Vizquel is still a good deal for the Sox.

4. Add September call-ups to keep our veterans fresh. Anderson, BMac, and Jenks should all return.

We need to just pick up where we left off and keep winning series like we did the first half.

Anything can happen.

I mean who thought St. Louis would get swept in the series last year?

Our team is damn good and has spirit, but it ain't dominant.

So just keep the chemistry and keep plugging away.

We had a helluva first half. a great first half.

Congrats to the Sox on a stellar first half.

Hernandez has to come back 100% healthy and dominant like in his first game in Minnesota. Marte has to come back and atleast be somewhere near his 03' form.

If we trade I think it is to improve at SS, CF, starter, or set-up/closer. I would love to see Vizquel on the South Side. He's solid at the plate .300 avg, 14SB, and 30RBI. He is a better hitter than Uribe and a solid defender at SS.