Kenny Rogers

AirScott

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/allstar05/ne...tory?id=2105087

my question is, why wouldn't he have gone? will he really be much of a distraction? what's left to ask him about the incident? "All things considered Kenny, would you do it again?" all that will happen is when he's brought in to pitch, there will be some boos, and maybe Joe Buck will have to take a second to explain why he's being booed. like he said, he's an All-Star and deserves to go.

Edited by AirScott

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 06:57 AM)
I pose a question for everyone:

If rogers did not go, who goes? Do any of you think Freddy would have had a good shot?

a lot of people were saying Jeremy Bonderman would have gone had Rogers not.

QUOTE(AirScott @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
a lot of people were saying Jeremy Bonderman would have gone had Rogers not.

forgot about him. I agree. He is having a very solid season. Hard to believe he is 22. Being the hometown guy he should get in. I have no love for the tigers but... for the sake of tiger fans rogers should step down. Rogers= asshole

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 12:27 PM)
One of the biggest stories of the AS Game will now be how bad of a reaction Rogers gets.

why? it won't consume more than 1 minute total. the announcers will probably ignore it the way the NBA guys did when Kobe was booed at the All-Star game, so they wouldn't be able to drag out the story more than it already has...

scratch that. 1st & 10 just came on, and these people are making it a distraction. damn hypocrites, he apoligized, now it's on YOUR shoulders to make this thing go away. this is such a non-story (now I'm the hypocrite, I started this thread). he's going to the all-star game because he was voted in by the players because of the season he's having, and it's not like his ERA rose or he was charged a loss for attacking the cameramen. I would have mocked the arguements these people could make about this situation, Skip Bayless and Woody Paige just made more of a mockery of it themselves.

QUOTE(Balance @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Francona shouldn't play him unless he's used up every other pitcher.  Maybe not even then.  Make one of the Twins or A's all-star position players throw a couple innings before Rogers pitches....

:chair

The Twins and A's don't have any all-star position players :lol:

I have no problem with him going to and playing in the AS game. I would be for a rule that does not allow a suspended player (or pending appeal) to be eligible for such events, but since there is not, there is no reason he should not be there.

What he did was stupid. He has to face that music and seems to be doing so and is not ducking the media. It takes more of a man to face what he has done than to hide from it.

That said, I do think it sucks that basically his fine from the action will be covered by the money he will make by making the AS game, but what can you do? It was in his contract and he was voted to the team.

Sometimes we learn more from the dumb things we do than when all is going well.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 11, 2005 -> 11:16 PM)
I have no problem with him going to and playing in the AS game.  I would be for a rule that does not allow a suspended player (or pending appeal) to be eligible for such events, but since there is not, there is no reason he should not be there.

What he did was stupid.  He has to face that music and seems to be doing so and is not ducking the media.  It takes more of a man to face what he has done than to hide from it. 

That said, I do think it sucks that basically his fine from the action will be covered by the money he will make by making the AS game, but what can you do?  It was in his contract and he was voted to the team. 

Sometimes we learn more from the dumb things we do than when all is going well.

That is very true