NCAA 2006

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about which system to get the game for. I'm pretty psyched now about getting the game for my xbox.

Another question for anyone with a hardware modified xbox: Is there any way to play DVD's on it after it's been mod'ed? I can't seem to get any of them to play.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 08:50 PM)
Fotop, I know you got it for X-Box -- could you tell me how to celebrate?  I've had it for PS2 all the time, this is the first time I've got it on X-Box.

Certainly, here's what the instructions say since I haven't celebrated yet:

"To celebrate during a big play, pull and hold L, then move the right thumbstick in any direction to activate a player celebration. For mild or extreme celebration after a big play or score, pul and hold L or R respectively, and then press: X to activate a player celebration; Y for a mascot/cheerleader celebration; or B for a fan celebration." pg. 7

Sounds like a good time, maybe i should try it. :lol:

Edited by Fotop

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 02:48 AM)
This music is awesome compared to some of the other crap EA tracks has had... come on, Walkie Talkie Man?? This is prolly one of the better ea tracks they have made

walkie talkie man kicks every song on ncaa 06's ass

I know madden is supposed to have somethin like the race for the heisman where you make a player and follow him through the league. I hope they let you upload your player from Race for the Heisman into that game mode so you can really follow your guy through everything, but im not holding my breath...

QUOTE(56789 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 10:37 PM)
I know madden is supposed to have somethin like the race for the heisman where you make a player and follow him through the league. I hope they let you upload your player from Race for the Heisman into that game mode so you can really follow your guy through everything, but im not holding my breath...

yes you can do that.

QUOTE(56789 @ Jul 12, 2005 -> 09:37 PM)

I think your thinking of superstar mode

Edited by Spod=Ratings

and i'm really not that impressed w/ the heisman mode.

I'm doing this currently:

-I created myself through create-a-player, made myself a 72 or whatever, a regular freshmen rating.

-Put myself on Illinois roster

-Redshirted myself in the dynasty

-Voila. A race for heisman mode w/ all the fun stuff of dynasty mode, plus alot more realistic

Steve, I might (emphasis on might) be able to get you and Brian the rosters for PS2 like last year, since I didn't sell my PS2 when I bought X-Box. I think my brother bought a Sharkport, so I can you guys the rosters once they come out.

Wait a second -- I'm sort of remembering you getting one. Well, if you have one, then, scratch my first paragraph, but if you don't, let me know.

Anybody have any idea how long it will take to get full rosters for all the teams? Where is the best place to get them? Last year someone else got them for me and I copied them. He lives in NY now, so I am looking.

I got the game today but only had about 30 minutes to look through it before the AS game. I know last year, I didn't really enjoy the game much until I got the rosters. Then I went straight into dynasty mode for three months.

If you don't know now, but find out later, PM me.

Gracias amigos!!

I started a dynasty with Illinois, and i'm currently 4-0. Pierre Thomas is leading the Heisman race...mainly due to 8 touchdowns against San Jose St. I've lit up the scoreboard so far, even against Cal and MSU.

As far as celebrations go...i was able to get 5'10" EB Halsey to dunke one over the cross bar...LMAO.

The completion percentage rate against me is very high right now, and i give up a lot of passing yards, even if i am in pass defense all game. The one thing that hasn't changed (at least on AA level) is that the computer can pass on you, but they sure as hell can't run.

I like the in season recruiting. One question...when/how do you schedule the visits? Maybe i can't do it til later in the year, or maybe i'm just missing something right now. I'm also way too lazy to read the manual.

I screwed around with race for the heisman a bit, seems pretty cool, although like Steve said, getting handed a starting job is kinda lame. I was a RB and was accepted at USC and got a starting job over like 4 guys who were better than me. Eh.

The gameplay is faster, smoother, all that jazz...it's more fun to play than last year's. Doesn't seem as slow, choppy, less load time, etc.

I also changed the controls back to 2005 version. A few differences, and i felt more comfortable with it. I like how that was an option for the controller settings and i didn't have to change each one.

So far, so good...

Also, Keith...Steve has a sharkport, and will get me the rosters next saturday before we go to the game, hopefully.

Yes, keith i bought a sharkport and already have the rosters for my game.

Rex, you can download rosters from many places.

geekrosters.com

maddenmania.net

psxsports.com

All you need is a sharkport ( i bought mine for 12 bucks off ebay a month ago)

QUOTE(whitesox89 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 09:44 AM)
I got a question for this game.

Is there anyway that i can go right to the Main Menu when i start up the game or do I always have to go through some of the Race for the Hiesman?

that should only happen your first time booting up the game.

2nd game of the season against SJSU, both thomas and halsey have discipline problems. Thomas had 250 yards rushing the first game, errr. I suspened him for the game and halsey (the backup HB) for 3. There goes his heisman hopes.

The completion percentage rate against me is very high right now, and i give up a lot of passing yards, even if i am in pass defense all game. The one thing that hasn't changed (at least on AA level) is that the computer can pass on you, but they sure as hell can't run.

I like the in season recruiting. One question...when/how do you schedule the visits? Maybe i can't do it til later in the year, or maybe i'm just missing something right now. I'm also way too lazy to read the manual.

I screwed around with race for the heisman a bit, seems pretty cool, although like Steve said, getting handed a starting job is kinda lame. I was a RB and was accepted at USC and got a starting job over like 4 guys who were better than me. Eh.

The gameplay is faster, smoother, all that jazz...it's more fun to play than last year's. Doesn't seem as slow, choppy, less load time, etc.

I also changed the controls back to 2005 version. A few differences, and i felt more comfortable with it. I like how that was an option for the controller settings and i didn't have to change each one.

Thats weird because the computer can pass ok on me, but they are not completing a high percentage of their passes, its pretty realistic. Also they have been able to run fine against me, although I have only played 2 teams both had impact RB's who both had over 100 yards against me, but I also play on 7 minute quarters..

For in season recruiting you gotta wait till they start narrowing their list down, I think you schedule visists when you crack their top three.. Its a little later in the year, I simmed a Dynasty with Michigan State and thats how it worked for me..

I dont get how you guys can complain about the Race for the Heisman.. if you got a scholarship to USC you wouldnt see the field till MAYBE your JR year at least, the whole goal of the mode is to be able to be a starter and build your player into a heisman trophy winner.. not put your guy as a back up for 2-3 years and then maybe win a heisman.. Its not lame, the main point of it is so you can play as YOUR guy and try to win the heisman, I dont see why you would wanna create your guy and then bury him in the depth chart because its lame that he is the starter, why even play RFTH then?

The gameplay kicks ass, I love it.. Its very smooth with no lag. The game is a lot better than last years, by far.

The new controls are a lot easier than the old ones if you give them a chance and play with them..

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 11:41 AM)
I dont get how you guys can complain about the Race for the Heisman.. if you got a scholarship to USC you wouldnt see the field till MAYBE your JR year at least, the whole goal of the mode is to be able to be a starter and build your player into a heisman trophy winner.. not put your guy as a back up for 2-3 years and then maybe win a heisman.. Its not lame, the main point of it is so you can play as YOUR guy and try to win the heisman, I dont see why you would wanna create your guy and then bury him in the depth chart because its lame that he is the starter, why even play RFTH then?

because the concept of it is dumb. A freshmen is not going to start over bush on USC. It all depends on how you wanna play the game though, that's all.

because the concept of it is dumb.  A freshmen is not going to start over bush on USC.  It all depends on how you wanna play the game though, that's all.

OK, but this is the point of the RFTH.. you get to start as a true freshman and start a heisman campaign.. I dont see why you would even wanna play it if your gonna sit your guy out because he isnt better than who is in front of him, thats basically just dynasty except you actually have full control of your school..

If you dont like it though why dont you walk on somewhere and not accept the USC scholarship? That way you could be a starter for a school were you could really be a starter and it would prolly be a lot more fun, just a suggestion to possibly help you like RFTH better..

My plan is to simulate my first 2 seasons of Race for the Heisman then play Jr and Sr years and i thought simming the season was long. You have to sim the entire off season which takes 100 times longer. Its literaly been on recruiting for 10 minutes and it is week 5.