NCAA 2006

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 02:11 AM)
Anyone know how good the NIU defense is?  My Northwestern offense, at Evanston, scored 27 points on them.  I'm still playing the game, but there's about a minute left and I'm not gonna score again.  It was a pretty crazy game, 'cause the wind was about 22 MPH and it was raining.  I'm gonna win by 20, so I'm trying to guage what sliders I need to fix...

I'd say maybe another score against them. NIU has some players on offense, but IIRC the only good player on D is their safety. NU's offense should do fairly well, Basanez is an 85, Jordan an 84, and their receivers are all 80+, and they have an okay line. I personally prefer to use the games against better teams like Michigan and OSU to determine what I do with the sliders however, or at least decent teams like PSU and MSU.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 25, 2005 -> 05:20 PM)
alright, i'm steaming right now.  Think i just broke my controller.

Let's set the stage.

I decided to take a challenge and be SIU and move them into the MAC.

So far i'm 2-8 with the only wins coming from div1-aa opponents.  I've gotten crushed by every 1-a team i've played.  I finally had a shot at a conference win against western michigan.  Tie game w/ about 30 seconds left.  They throw up a bomb, they win.

SIU is BAD, i mean absolutely bad.  I have linebackers that are rated in the 40s.  Ugh, i think i may have bitten off more than i can chew.

Thank god this season's almost over.  I got a few decent recruits already, gonna need a miracle.

Come talk to me when you've actually broken a controller, which i've done due to something very similar to what you described above.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
the AI scores when it wants too.

It's been the same crap from EA for years.

My god, i've never been so upset.

:lolhitting i know how you feel i lost on a bomb last play of the game against rutgers in my frist dynasty game

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 01:36 PM)
:lolhitting  i know how you feel i lost on a bomb last play of the game against rutgers in my frist dynasty game

i finished my first season at SIU 2-9 w/ my AA sliders.

The last 2 games i lost by a touchdown. Luckily, still havne't broke my controller, come very very close.

I was the 100th ranked recruiting class, which isn't bad considering my position.

I should win a few more games this season.......i hope

I'm still experimenting with my sliders, but I don't get bombed to death so much as they hit a drag route and someone either misses the tackle or takes a bad angle. I can still hit bombs at a pretty good rate, even at 40 accuracy and 45 catching (if I drop it anymore I get back to guys dropping passes that hit them in the chest).

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 12:42 PM)
i finished my first season at SIU 2-9 w/ my AA sliders.

The last 2 games i lost by a touchdown.  Luckily, still havne't broke my controller, come very very close.

I was the 100th ranked recruiting class, which isn't bad considering my position.

I should win a few more games this season.......i hope

i have had one controller busted i threw it against my wall after i lost to USC with ASU on a 57 yard field goal.right after i threw a pick

Your sliders are good, Steve.

I played Arizona State last night, and lost by 21. But it was back and forth, two touchdown lead the whole time. They play-actioned the s*** out of me, and while Jeff Backes is a decent #2, he can't hang with the big-time WRs. So, he got burned a lot. And, they got a playmaker TE, too, who made some real nice grabs over my LBs.

Turn up WR catch a little bit. I understand dropping some passes, but they drop too many at 30%. I'm gonna try turning it up to 40%.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jul 26, 2005 -> 04:48 PM)
Your sliders are good, Steve.

I played Arizona State last night, and lost by 21.  But it was back and forth, two touchdown lead the whole time.  They play-actioned the s*** out of me, and while Jeff Backes is a decent #2, he can't hang with the big-time WRs.  So, he got burned a lot.  And, they got a playmaker TE, too, who made some real nice grabs over my LBs.

Turn up WR catch a little bit.  I understand dropping some passes, but they drop too many at 30%.  I'm gonna try turning it up to 40%.

the thing about that is, at 40 your going to catch a ridiculous amount of deep passes. The game doesn't seem to understand that short passes should be caught more than deep passes.

But anyways, glad you like 'em.

Even though i'm struggling like all hell, i SHOULD be w/ SIU. The best feeling in a sports videogame is the feeling you get after you really earned your win.

In my RFTH, freshman year, as an option QB(ie mobile QB, w00t) at Ohio State, I finished 2nd in the Heisman balloting...1808 points...to Santonio Holmes, my receiver, who received 1843 points in the balloting.

I just thought that kind of sucked to lose by 35 to my receiver, but whatever.

QUOTE(Spod=Ratings @ Jul 28, 2005 -> 01:45 AM)
ok Leinhart got injured Out for the Year in my RFTH and now he is out for the year in my dynasty for people who have done both do u see this happening

I'm finding that significant players seem to get hurt a lot. I've run three different dynasties (at least 4 years each) with NU and I've only faced Michigan with Michael Hart twice.

I finally see what you guys mean about the bombs. After messing with the sliders, I had a pretty good game against NIU where I won 34-24. My completion percentage was pretty low, but I liked it. I played ASU next and that game was quite frustrating. I played about as good a game on offense as I could. I put up 38 points, with Jordan rushing for about 120 yards and Basanez throwing for about 320 with 3 TD's (about a 55% completion percentage). ASU put up 45 for the win. I wouldn't normally have a problem with that, but the way they scored was pretty annoying. They had 4 touchdowns (3 pass, one run) of more than 65 yards. The first was a drag route with their TE. He was definitely open and should have gotten about 15 yards. The problem is he broke two tackles and somehow avoided two others while running down the sideline for 80 yards. The second was a short out to their #2 WR. The corner that was on him went for the ball and missed. I controlled the safety on that side and hit him dead on. He went right through me though, and again somehow avoided the deep safety who had a good angle for a 74 yarder. The 3rd was a run out of the shotgun spread. There was a good hole up the middle, but I had two safeties and a corner in position. He manages to outrun two of the players (still not sure how) while shaking off a tackle from the other for 84 yards. The last one I was playing a zone to try to prevent the deep ball with about 30 seconds left. He manages to find a guy 40 yards downfield, and again the receiver somehow avoids 3 guys in his run to the endzone.

I'm not quite there on the sliders. My guess is when I turned up RB ability it also juices up the WR's running ability. If so I might have to turn it down because it was pretty ridiculous. ASU has some good receiving options, but their TE ran with the ball better than their RB.