iPod question

Heads22

Alright, I got my new iPod Mini in the mail today (free, because if you buy a computer through the Apple education store, it comes free) and I'm trying to figure out.....the software agreement says the iPod CD can only be used on one computer. I want to wait to put that on my new laptop. But in the meantime, can I download music from this computer on to there without that installation, if I am currently running a Mac?

Thanks.

QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jul 15, 2005 -> 11:22 PM)
Alright, I got my new iPod Mini in the mail today (free, because if you buy a computer through the Apple education store, it comes free) and I'm trying to figure out.....the software agreement says the iPod CD can only be used on one computer. I want to wait to put that on my new laptop. But in the meantime, can I download music from this computer on to there without that installation, if I am currently running a Mac?

Thanks.

If I understand your question to be--Can you download music from your current computer onto your Ipod without installing Itunes, I believe the answer is no.

I believe you have to install the software, because you have to boot up your ipod when you get it. I could be wrong though. Just try connecting your ipod to your computer and see if Itunes recognizes it, it couldnt hurt.

I do know that you have to load a few things onto the ipod and name it, much like you do with any computer.