Boone's a rental

The Ginger Kid

ESPN is reporting that Brett Boone, the roid machine who scored a huge contract with the needle and then went south when MLB finally cleaned up the game, is on a very short leash it seems. 10 days to be exact, to prove his worth or the Twins are going to start looking at alternative solutions.

If there's anything more fun to watch than the Twins in desperation mode, I'd like to know what it is! :P

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 01:04 AM)
ESPN is reporting that Brett Boone, the roid machine who scored a huge contract with the needle and then went south when MLB finally cleaned up the game, is on a very short leash it seems. 10 days to be exact, to prove his worth or the Twins are going to start looking at alternative solutions.

If there's anything more fun to watch than the Twins in desperation mode, I'd like to know what it is! :P

LOL, 10 day contract and then HE GAWN!

Couldnt of happened to a more arrogant crybaby

he went south before the game was cleaned up, and he's still huge, so you seem to be putting too much trust in Jose Canseco's accusations.

:) this is fun to watch.

It's like watching the evil villian in a superhero movie die a slow, painful death

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jul 16, 2005 -> 03:36 PM)
10 day contract?  What is this the NBA?

In any case, it's fun to watch the Twinkies struggle.

Well, it's not a 10-day contract. I guess they just announced/leaked that if he's no good after 10 days they'll cut him like the M's did. (Btw, any link to a story on this?)

I'd guess the name of the ptbnl depends on whether or not he sticks -- ???

I don't think they're going to go into desperation mode. They have 13 heaad-to-head left. The Twins have a track record of ruining the White Sox season. The last 3 world champions have come from the wild card. 4 out of the last 6 participants have come from the wild card. The last 6 wild cards have made it at least to the LCS.