How was Intonation (<sp?) this past weekend?

LosMediasBlancas

yes...

I only went saturday but had just an absolute blast. Pitchfork put on a hell of a festival, it was cost effective, they had plenty of shade, places to fill your water bottle, reasonable priced food.

Pelican was alright, they get a tad boring. The ms were background music for me, we were looking through records during that time. AC Newman was rather entertaining, he writes nice pop songs, i'm gonna check him out. He brought up andrew bird :headbang up on stage for his famous whistling and that was cool... magnolia electric company i didn't really like at all.

Four Tet had some cool beats but didn't hold much of my attention...after all, i needed to get a good seat for broken social scene...

broken social scene was just absolutely awesome. They played emi dreams of pavement, a new song i'd heard about, which was godly, and played everything i wanted to hear : anthem for a 17 year old girl, KC accidental, almost crimes, cause = time, and stars and sons...they were just absolutely great.

The Go! Team was a major dissappointment to me. Everything that was great about this album was overshadowed by the hired singer with her aweful lyrics and annoying tendencies to tell us it was the go! team...no, he's the f***ing go team, you were the hired help to play it live, and you are butchering it.

Prefuse was alright...

Death From Above was just as entertaining live as I thought they would be. I loved it...great set in my opinion

Tortoise was great. Such great musicians and a perfect way to close the night. Played a bit of TNT songs and Standards songs which made me happy...i didn't like everything is all aroudn you

QUOTE(bmags @ Jul 18, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
yes...

I only went saturday but had just an absolute blast. Pitchfork put on a hell of a festival, it was cost effective, they had plenty of shade, places to fill your water bottle, reasonable priced food.

Pelican was alright, they get a tad boring. The ms were background music for me, we were looking through records during that time. AC Newman was rather entertaining, he writes nice pop songs, i'm gonna check him out. He brought up andrew bird :headbang up on stage for his famous whistling and that was cool... magnolia electric company i didn't really like at all.

Four Tet had some cool beats but didn't hold much of my attention...after all, i needed to get a good seat for broken social scene...

broken social scene was just absolutely awesome. They played emi dreams of pavement, a new song i'd heard about, which was godly, and played everything i wanted to hear : anthem for a 17 year old girl, KC accidental, almost crimes, cause = time, and stars and sons...they were just absolutely great.

The Go! Team was a major dissappointment to me. Everything that was great about this album was overshadowed by the hired singer with her aweful lyrics and annoying tendencies to tell us it was the go! team...no, he's the f***ing go team, you were the hired help to play it live, and you are butchering it.

Prefuse was alright...

Death From Above was just as entertaining live as I thought they would be. I loved it...great set in my opinion

Tortoise was great. Such great musicians and a perfect way to close the night. Played a bit of TNT songs and Standards songs which made me happy...i didn't like everything is all aroudn you

was i the only one who went

i'll be in minnesota..

as weird as it sounds there were more bands at intonation with a better value that i wanted to see live then at lolla

i may be wrong but all i was looking forward to see there was

the pixies (though i would go to see them anywhere, 60 bucks for just them is too steep for me)

the arcade fire

wilco

help me out...but those are the headliners for me.