Have A Question

Winnin Ugly

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
I wasnt able to watch the all star pre game ceremonies but I saw in a few different places that the WSox players were booed when they were announced is this true..

If it is why so

Yes, they were mildly booed. Considering the fact that we are running away with the division in which the ASG host team plays, I don't think that was too unexpected.

QUOTE(Winnin Ugly @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
I wasnt able to watch the all star pre game ceremonies but I saw in a few different places that the WSox players were booed when they were announced is this true..

If it is why so

I thought they got booed too. My guess was because it was in Detroit and they are division rivals and such. Didn't matter though as Buerhle surely impressed everyone there! :P

QUOTE(skidoochic @ Jul 19, 2005 -> 12:24 PM)
I thought they got booed too. My guess was because it was in Detroit and they are division rivals and such.  Didn't matter though as Buerhle surely impressed everyone there! :P

Ummm ... not really. Mark got the win, but he certainly wasn't sharp. Hell, I'm a Buerhle fan and he didn't impress me. If it wasn't for that DP started by Tejada, MB might have been the loser.

The whole Chicago vs. Detroit has to figure in, even if the Sox and Kitties haven't been blood rivals (excepting 2000) lately.

Bears - Lions.

Blackhawks - Dead Things

Bulls - Pistons

There is some rivalry material in all of those matchups.