Randa to the Padres

fathom

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 02:46 PM)
Padres optioned third baseman Sean Burroughs to Triple-A Portland.

We're still optimistic that Burroughs will end up as a solid regular someday, but this is a move the Padres had to make. The 24-year-old was hitting just .255/.327/.302 in 255 at-bats. If he's not traded, he'll return in September and act as a pinch-hitter. Jul. 23 - 3:44 pm et

Was'nt there some people that liked him on this board? :huh

West Coast Crede offensively, just nowhere as good defensively.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
West Coast Crede offensively, just nowhere as good defensively.

Crede is a much bigger threat at the plate than Burroughs. Burroughs has no power at all. He's been a massive flop so far.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 03:46 PM)
Padres optioned third baseman Sean Burroughs to Triple-A Portland.

We're still optimistic that Burroughs will end up as a solid regular someday, but this is a move the Padres had to make. The 24-year-old was hitting just .255/.327/.302 in 255 at-bats. If he's not traded, he'll return in September and act as a pinch-hitter. Jul. 23 - 3:44 pm et

Was'nt there some people that liked him on this board? :huh

Hmm, I'm assuming Klesko moves to 1B with Nevin gone. Nady, Giles, and Dave Roberts could then handle the OF duties. And with Loretta now back, their lineup looks pretty solid.

I'm thinking they'll run away with that division when Eaton comes off the DL.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jul 23, 2005 -> 12:22 PM)
Look at our top 20 prospects. I wouldn't give them 2 of them for Randa. That's my honest opinion. 10-20 is a mid level prospect essentially unless you're a team like the Brewers or Angels. Then that's a top prospect.

How many of our "prospects" have really panned out in recent years. I don't know much about the Padre's farm system, but all things being equal I'd say this is probably a good move for them.

I've always thought Burroughs was a solid player. I'm a Burroughs fan and I think a change of scenery would do him some good. At the same time I don't think he'll ever be great.

He could turn into a pretty good role player off the bench though or even a solid 3rd baseman.