Joel Pineiro

DBAHO

Interesting;

Joel Pineiro may be the odd man out with the certain arrival of Jorge Campillo and Felix Hernandez.

Campillo is pitching tonight and it sounds like Hernandez will go on Thursday, which may be the day that Pineiro is sent packing. Aug. 2 - 10:06 am et

Wouldn't he be a nice addition if we could trade for him (if we didn't have to go up a lot). Won't happen though.

QUOTE(JimH @ Aug 3, 2005 -> 12:24 AM)
Would love to see it.  They just cut Aaron Sele too.

When he's healthy and dominant he's a #2 quality starter. Unfortunately that just hasn't happened for him lately.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 09:29 AM)
What does Pineros' contract look like?  Is there any chance at all he could slide through waivers?

Making 4.2 M this year and 6.3 M next. I don't know if he would make it to us.

QUOTE(3E8 @ Aug 2, 2005 -> 08:35 AM)
Making 4.2 M this year and 6.3 M next.  I don't know if he would make it to us.

i remember when he first came up he was an absolute stud. he was like 5-0 at one point. we faced him and iirc he shut us down. righties went 0 for their first like 47 against him or something. that said i thouhgt he would be a special pitcher but it hasnt materialized for him. i dont think hed make to us in waivers, but you never know.

Does anyone know if Seattle is looking at releasing Pineiro or waiving him. I could definately see him signing a Wade Miller type deal with the Sox, since I'm pretty sure KW has coveted him for a while. You could DL him for the rest of the season, let him have surgery and get 100% and have him return next year replacing Count.