Kenny Williams

Jim Fainter

I just read that KW was in Charlotte over the week end. Anybody know what's up here? Two possible scenarios:

1. He interviewed Nick Leyva for the Sox job.

2. He told Leyva that we was appointing Wally for the Sox job.

And speaking of Charlotte, I noticed that Joe B did not play Sunday.

I just read that KW was in Charlotte over the week end.  Anybody know what's up here?  Two possible scenarios:

1.  He interviewed Nick Leyva for the Sox job.

2.  He told Leyva that we was appointing Wally for the Sox job.

Nick Leyva was in Charlotte?

Who gave him permission to leave extended ST in Arizona?

I just read that KW was in Charlotte over the week end.  Anybody know what's up here?  Two possible scenarios:

Didn't Wright pitch that day? If so that makes perfect sense.

Guest hotsoxchick1

he was most likely there because he was checking up on things.. he makes a few trips down to the minor leagues each season... he's probably headed to b-ham next..... its kinda like kw on tour.....ya think we can get his plane hijacked and headed to sibera or something similar??? lol i know wishful thinking huh........ :o

he was most likely there because he was checking up on things.. he makes a few trips down to the minor leagues each season... he's probably headed to b-ham next..... its kinda like kw on tour.....ya think we can get his plane hijacked and headed to sibera or something similar??? lol i know wishful thinking huh........ :o

Fine you hijack Kennys plane. Im gonna kidnap JM and demand you return KW and fire Jerry... :D

Just for clarification, Nick Capra is the manager for Charlotte.

Oh Please not Leyva!! NO PLEASE! :nono

Oh Please not Leyva!! NO PLEASE! :nono

Josh, why don't you like Leyva?

He does have big league experience.

From what i saw in Winterball just another Manuel, Blown calls and he stood on the step of the Dugout. Seemed to be too passive, I don't know

I don't know much about Leyva.

I guess I just disagree with the idea of needing a fiery manager. I think a manager should show a calm demeanor for the most part and handle everything else inside the clubhouse and not in the media. I will say this, Backman is not much different than Manuel in what you see in the dugout and on the field. He may be a little quicker to argue with an umpire, but he still picks and chooses his spots. He by no means does it a lot.

He is considered a player's manager. Guys like him and like playing for him. They think he is fair. From everything I get, Jerry is seen in the same light. I am not there in the Sox clubhouse so I can't say for sure, just the things I hear. But I really do think that what a manager does behind the doors of the clubhouse are 100x more important than the personna he carries on TV, in the papers or in the dugout.

I guess I just disagree with the idea of needing a fiery manager.  I think a manager should show a calm demeanor for the most part and handle everything else inside the clubhouse and not in the media.  I will say this, Backman is not much different than Manuel in what you see in the dugout and on the field.  He may be a little quicker to argue with an umpire, but he still picks and chooses his spots.  He by no means does it a lot.

He is considered a player's manager. Guys like him and like playing for him.  They think he is fair.  From everything I get, Jerry is seen in the same light.  I am not there in the Sox clubhouse so I can't say for sure, just the things I hear.  But I really do think that what a manager does behind the doors of the clubhouse are 100x more important than the personna he carries on TV, in the papers or in the dugout.

I like your post and your philosophy, a lot.