Hey all

MarlinFan84

New here. How is everyone doing? I am from Southern Illinois, am a Marlins fan, and just figured I'd try a new message board out. And Mark Buerhle came to my front door one day when he got his truck stuck down in the bottoms where he and his bud were hunting and we had to pull him out.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:25 AM)
New here.  How is everyone doing?  I am from Southern Illinois, am a Marlins fan, and just figured I'd try a new message board out.  And Mark Buerhle came to my front door one day when he got his truck stuck down in the bottoms where he and his bud were hunting and we had to pull him out.

Welcome aboard and good luck in the wild card race this season. :cheers

QUOTE(UofIChiSox @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 11:31 AM)
Sorry you got stuck with AJ Burnett!!  That's a sweet story about MB though, I would have crapped my pants if I were you.

Nothing to be sorry about bud, AJ is my fav player, possibly my all time fav fish, and I am holding out hope that we will be able to give him the deal he wants this offseason. Whats yalls playoff rotation going to be, Buerhle/Garland/Garcia with Contreras moving to long relief?

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
Thanks.  Maybe it'll be a ChiSawx/Marlins World Series, maybe it wont.  Good luck in the postseason.

If that's the case, I hope we wouldn't choke like the last Chicago team to play the Marlins in the playoffs did!

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 12:25 PM)
New here.  How is everyone doing?  I am from Southern Illinois, am a Marlins fan, and just figured I'd try a new message board out.  And Mark Buerhle came to my front door one day when he got his truck stuck down in the bottoms where he and his bud were hunting and we had to pull him out.

hmmm, my bs-o-meter is starting to buzz

Welcome to Soxtalk, we're keeping an eye on all Marlin's fans.

:lolhitting

Ya about Buerhle, it was weird. We live out in the boonies and have people knocking on our door all the time asking us to pull them out. This was the winter after his rookie season, there was snow on the ground so of course he was all bundled up and I didn't recognize him. And since people come to our door all the time I didn't think anything about it. Then I was watching spring training coverage and I am like "hmmm....CRAP!!" I went in and asked my dad "hey last deer season that was Mark Buerhle that came to our door wasn't it" and of course it was and I was so ticked that I didn't recognize him. I know this will sound bad, but appearantly he hunts down here all the time I am hoping he gets stuck close to our house again lol.

QUOTE(MarlinFan84 @ Aug 8, 2005 -> 05:25 PM)

Welcome aboard! :cheers

By the way, I'll always hold a soft spot in my heart for the Marlins. Your guys saved me from a lot of grief in 2003.