1 = .278 OBP, 2 = .285 OBP

VAfan

Ozzie has to go with Anderson, who might provide a spark. Timo is 2 for 26 in his last 9 games.

It is actually unbelievable, when the Sox are loaded with minor league outfield talent, that Timo Perez is still holding down a spot. I blame KW for this, as he could make the decision to cut Timo or send him to AAA. Ozzie, if given the option, plays him, and that is a mistake.

I would take Brian Anderson, Joe Borchard, Jerry Owens, and even raw Chris Young over Timo Perez right now.

The Sox can't screw around. We are very vulnerable right now, and the Twins I'm sure can smell it.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 09:24 AM)
Ozzie has to go with Anderson, who might provide a spark.  Timo is 2 for 26 in his last 9 games. 

It is actually unbelievable, when the Sox are loaded with minor league outfield talent, that Timo Perez is still holding down a spot.  I blame KW for this, as he could make the decision to cut Timo or send him to AAA.  Ozzie, if given the option, plays him, and that is a mistake. 

I would take Brian Anderson, Joe Borchard, Jerry Owens, and even raw Chris Young over Timo Perez right now. 

The Sox can't screw around.  We are very vulnerable right now, and the Twins I'm sure can smell it.

Here is the problem, Timo is out of options I believe, and would have to clear waivers first.

Secondly, there is no excuse to keep playing him in the lead off role. Ever A-row would be better in that spot. Fact is, the guy is a pinch hitter at best. And not even a good one at that. Owens, young, Anderson, are all better options than Timo at this point. At least give Anderson a shot at playing, he is fast, plays good defense, and may prove a better hitter.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
Here is the problem, Timo is out of options I believe, and would have to clear waivers first. 

Do you seriously think anyone would claim Timo Perez?? If they do, what a bonus!!

I'm ready for some young blood in the lineup. This team needs a spark. It is dragging seriously.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 10:32 AM)
Do you seriously think anyone would claim Timo Perez??  If they do, what a bonus!! 

I'm ready for some young blood in the lineup.  This team needs a spark.  It is dragging seriously.

They may..Im sure Ozzie thinks so, because he is such a prize for our team that we are starting him and leading him off.

I'm holding out hope that Uribe's finally coming around...

In the last week he's just been doing exactly what he needs to do at the plate...working pitchers deeper into counts and fouling off balls he can't get the bat on. He's had at least 3 at bats that have gone 9 pitches or more. I don't know if he's had that many all season.

I really cannot understand what Timo adds to this team. I haven't been a Timo basher, but I really think Borchard would help the team more than Timo does. He'd at least add a power threat to the bench. Even if he did hit only .215

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 16, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
I'm holding out hope that Uribe's finally coming around...

In the last week he's just been doing exactly what he needs to do at the plate...working pitchers deeper into counts and fouling off balls he can't get the bat on.  He's had at least 3 at bats that have gone 9 pitches or more.  I don't know if he's had that many all season.

I hold out some hope for Uribe too. His splits last year showed September to be his best month I think. Certainly last night he wasn't the problem.