Benson Final Offer

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
It'll be interesting to see if he starts, what type of runs Turner has for him, because he's the type of back who would look perfect for the Denver Broncos just cuttting back.

weird, I was thinking earlier that Jones would be great for Denver, I was going to post something about floating a trade idea towards Denver involving Jones, but decided not to say anything because they've got Tatum Bell and Maurice Clarett, and even if they didn't Shanahan's so confident that any running back will work in his system he wouldn't offer more than a "You'll be in my prayers" for Jones.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
I never know which stance to take on Jones, but I'm going to side with DBaho.  He really isn't that great of halfback.

I'm not really sure what to make of TJ but...

4.0 YPC, 67 Y/G, 7 TD's really isn't that bad for running behind the worst line in the NFL, which is now much improved. He can also catch the ball out of the backfield damn well. I say we give him a shot behind a respectable OL this year and see what happens.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 11:44 PM)
I never know which stance to take on Jones, but I'm going to side with DBaho.  He really isn't that great of halfback.

In fact, The Football Outsiders has him ranked in the bottom third of the league for running backs.

he was a borderline bust before coming to Chicago, which explains the low ranking there. he still could end up a bust if he reverts to how he was in Arizona.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:50 PM)
I'm not really sure what to make of TJ but...

4.0 YPC, 67 Y/G, 7 TD's really isn't that bad for running behind the worst line in the NFL, which is now much improved.  He can also catch the ball out of the backfield damn well.  I say we give him a shot behind a respectable OL this year and see what happens.

Not to mention playing on a team with no passing game. I don't think he's the long term answer, but he's not nearly as bad as some make him out to be.