Matt Smith outrighted to Charlotte...

GoSoxGo

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pretty sure you're wrong on that.  He was out of options, so he had to pass through waivers, but I can't find anything that says he was outrighted.  This came up a couple days ago, too.

Yeah, I could be wrong about that. I'm not positive.

But anyways, how could our 40-man roster have ever even been at 41? Isn't that against MLB rules?

The roster is definitely at 39 now.

For those interested.  ESPN Radio 1000 has Chicago Baseball Tonight starting at 11 pm.  Dolgin and Levine talk baseball for an hour, so I am sure this will come up.  You can listen live off of espn1000.com

yea hopefully they will talk about it, that would be great if we got him to go with the pitching that we have had the last 3 games. Jose and Freddy were great, and Mark was just f***en lights out tonight, the Twins didnt have a chance tonight. The sox needed a stoper tonight and Buehrle pitched like the Sox ace he is

TO MARK: :cheers :cheers

Nothing.  its funny he signs up today and he has this info that know else has... im not saying he is lying but its not adding up.

well they have it up now :bang

Why would I lie? Brian Dolgin reported it on the post-game show. I don't know if he's right on his info or not but that's what he said. :bang

Edited by GoSoxGo

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 03:47 AM)
Yeah, I could be wrong about that.  I'm not positive.

But anyways, how could our 40-man roster have ever even been at 41?  Isn't that against MLB rules?

Exactly. :unsure:

Maybe you're right on him being outrighted. CNN/SI's list of Sox transactions. But how can the Sox not have updated his status on their website when it happened on July 13? Especially considering they have Brian Anderson listed on the 40 man. :huh

Edit: Btw, a standard line on CNN/SI that made me lol -- " Get the latest Kevin Walker news e-mailed to you." Bet the administrator for that list gets pretty excited by new signups!

Edited by jackie hayes

QUOTE(GoSoxGo @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:26 PM)
According to Brian Dolgin on the Sox post-game show, minor league pitcher Matt Smith was outrighted to Charlotte so the 40-man roster now sits at only 39.  Could this mean a move for a bat is coming?

He copied the exact quote from GoSoxGo. :lol:

He even had a hyperlink for Matt Smith.

According to Brian Dolgin on the AM 1000 Sox post-game show, Sox minor league pitcher Matt Smith was outrighted to Charlotte so the 40-man roster now sits at only 39. HMMMMM.

He copied the exact quote from GoSoxGo.  :lol:

He even had a hyperlink for Matt Smith.

According to Brian Dolgin on the AM 1000 Sox post-game show, Sox minor league pitcher Matt Smith was outrighted to Charlotte so the 40-man roster now sits at only 39. HMMMMM.

I noticed that myself :lolhitting

QUOTE(jackie hayes @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:54 PM)

Maybe you're right on him being outrighted.  CNN/SI's list of Sox transactions.  But how can the Sox not have updated his status on their website when it happened on July 13?  Especially considering they have Brian Anderson listed on the 40 man. :huh

BA has been on the 40 for a while now.

I just posted over there to see if anyone knows anything more over there.

Doubt it, but we will see. Its not like this is a contest, I just want to know what is going on. Dolgin has mentioned it twice now, but hasn't really elaborated.

Where is Levine when you need him?

Maybe you're right on him being outrighted.  CNN/SI's list of Sox transactions.  But how can the Sox not have updated his status on their website when it happened on July 13?  Especially considering they have Brian Anderson listed on the 40 man. :huh

WhiteSox.com is usually a day behind on transactions, at least from my experience. If this move was just made tonight or after the game, WhiteSox.com probably won't be updated with the move until tomorrow.

QUOTE(JDsDirtySox @ Aug 24, 2005 -> 10:56 PM)

Doubt it, but we will see.  Its not like this is a contest, I just want to know what is going on.  Dolgin has mentioned it twice now, but hasn't really elaborated.

It's just the fact that they're usually way behind on any new news.

Doubt it, but we will see.  Its not like this is a contest, I just want to know what is going on.  Dolgin has mentioned it twice now, but hasn't really elaborated.

Levine is up next with Dolgin on ESPN 1000 for Chicago SportsNite or whatever the hell it's called. You know, the radio show in which they mostly talk about that show "Entourage." :headshake

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 25, 2005 -> 03:56 AM)
BA has been on the 40 for a while now.

Okay. I thought he wouldn't be, since he wasn't subject to the Rule 5 draft yet. Plus, the Sox "purchased the contract of OF Brian Anderson" on Aug 15 -- I thought you only purchased someone's contract once, when you added him to the 40 man for the first time. If not, what does that mean?