Ozuna's Slide

Harry Chappas

QUOTE(Kenkait Sox Fan @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
The Sox players should all take examples from Ozuna & Blum and continue to play hard on all plays.  A lesson that Uribe and Dye could learn from.

Wow...um, welcome to Soxtalk. :lol:

QUOTE(Kenkait Sox Fan @ Aug 26, 2005 -> 10:19 AM)
The Sox players should all take examples from Ozuna & Blum and continue to play hard on all plays.  A lesson that Uribe and Dye could learn from.

Welcome to Soxtalk!!! :cheers And i do agree with you, Ozuna and Blum always play hard. But I would also like to mention AJ in this. Even on a routine grounder to second, he is always hustling down the line trying to beat it out.

Edited by sayitaintso

I wasn't comparing this to other players I just liked that Crain seemed to be looking to drill Crede and maybe this pissed off some guys off. The same seemd to be happening to Rowand. Silvia has great control yet he almost drilled Rowand twice (got him the second time). It looked like Pablo was trying to make a GOOD CLEAN point that's all.

Speaking of slides, that slide by Blum was a work of art. How he pulled that one off is beyond me. I noticed that guys are adding a lot more finesse to there slides this year. Aaron has done them, Pods has done some. Ive seen more of those kind of slides this year than in years past. Do you think that this has to do with the umps sticking with the play longer instead of the old "well the ball beat him there so he's out" type of mentality? whatever it is I like it. :headbang

Blum made Rodriguez look like an idiot with that slide. He had nothing to argue about and neither did the guy taking over for Gardenhire. It was a thing of beauty and very hard to pull that leg back while sliding.

But it was a fantastic phantom swipe tag!!!