Question will be answered today....

Wanne

Today's the day....I've heard for the last 3 years what a lights out, big-game pitcher this guy is...well Freddy...it's put up or STFU day for you. If Freddy lays a f***in egg today....I'd seriously think about including him in some sort of package in the off season.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 12:10 PM)
Today's the day....I've heard for the last 3 years what a lights out, big-game pitcher this guy is...well Freddy...it's put up or STFU day for you.  If Freddy lays a f***in egg today....I'd seriously think about including him in some sort of package in the off season.

Are you serious? Why would we even consider trading him? So we can have El Duque start in his place next year? He brought his game against Santana in Minny but made one small error. Seems like every game is a "big game" for a pitcher.. Every game counts, geez..

This thread is what kills me about this f***ing board.

He gets his ass reamed, tonight he does well, AND IT'S STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

It's epidemic about this whole damn team.

What the f*** is it going to take?

Oh, nothing short of a World Series title. I remember now.

Freddy did amazing tonight, and I hope that he keeps up this form.

But stay honest to yourself. Minnesota is the worst offensive team in the AL (they have the least runs scored), so shutting them down SHOULD happen. And winning one game does not ensure that he will come up big in the big games..

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Sep 24, 2005 -> 03:51 PM)
You're right! I apologize for labeling you like that. It's been one of the most exciting yet frustrating years of Sox baseball that I can remember. I always go back to the Great Pennant race of '67 when the Sox went into the final 5 games with the best chance of winning and blew it. The played KC and Washington both who were puffs and we lost. I am thinking we will win this thing.

Why oh why, of all times, did you have to remind my of the heartbreak of 1967?

QUOTE(DonkeyKongerko @ Sep 29, 2005 -> 12:19 AM)
I'm not usually one for bumping, but it seemed appropriate given the stakes of today's game. If he pitches anything like last time in Detroit, this division is as good as ours.

Day game. On the road. Freddo pitching.

I don't think we could hope for a better scenario.