Rotation for last 5 games?

LosMediasBlancas

We're right on track. Contreras, Garcia, Buehrle, Garland, McCarthy. The only thing that might change next Tuesday is to flip Buehrle and Garcia so that Buehrle pitches at home and Garcia pitches on the road.

I think McCarthy will make the postseason squad, but I don't know who will get cut to make room for him. Vizcaino? We can't afford to carry 12 pitchers with the offensive woes we've had.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
We're right on track.  Contreras, Garcia, Buehrle, Garland, McCarthy. The only thing that might change next Tuesday is to flip Buehrle and Garcia so that Buehrle pitches at home and Garcia pitches on the road. 

I think McCarthy will make the postseason squad, but I don't know who will get cut to make room for him.  Vizcaino?  We can't afford to carry 12 pitchers with the offensive woes we've had.

Contraras will start on short rest if the division is on the line Sunday.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:51 AM)
Contraras will start on short rest if the division is on the line Sunday.

The division or just a playoff spot? I'm not certain that "wasting" a start just to win the division is better than having him start game 1 of the playoffs. If the playoff spot is assured, trot Brandon out there and let Contraras start game 1.

Division title + Contraras start

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 09:59 AM)
The division or just a playoff spot? I'm not certain that "wasting" a start just to win the division is better than having him start game 1 of the playoffs. If the playoff spot is assured, trot Brandon out there and let Contraras start game 1.

I agree. Who is to say BMac won't fire a gem on Sunday anyway? Although if the Sox were to lose the division on Sunday after being in first place every other day of the season, it would be a little heartbreaking.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 10:59 AM)

An Ozzie clip this morning on AM1000 stated that Contraras would start Sunday if the game decided the division.

Don't shoot the messenger, please.

QUOTE(Steff @ Sep 28, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
An Ozzie clip this morning on AM1000 stated that Contraras would start Sunday if the game decided the division.

Don't shoot the messenger, please.

I was just clarifying. I assumed you had heard something. I'm hoping Ozzie meant play off spot, not division title. Because that would be the first time he mismanaged pitchers.

What do you think? Contrares to win a division or first round start?