Ticket Master and the ALCS

ChiSox9

I don't post much on here if any at all but I came up with a webpage of my story on TicketMaster.com this afternoon. I am looking for any feedback in regards to your experiences today.

The Website is:

http://www.geocities.com/disheartenedfan/D...artenedFan.html

Thank you all in advance for the help!!! GO WHITE SOX!

Mike

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I got ALCS tickets, and as far as I know so far...my credit card has not been rejected.

HOWEVER, I was not able at any point in time to access Ticketmaster.com. Not at Noon, not at anytime after.

I ordered mine by automated phone...but not by calling the Chicago office. I simply called Ticketmasters around the nation the day before to see who was selling ALCS tickets and after finding which ones did, I called the two (I had two phones) I figured would be the least busy. Well, I called Minneapolis and was able to land myself tickets to game 1 and 6...granted upper deck seats.

So when World Series tickets go on sale, I advise people to do what I did, while trying to access Ticketmaster.com.

Logged on a 12 and it went from 5 minutes to 15 min,wait in 1 min. It then did nothing for 25 min. Calles on the phone also,buzy. A couple of times it rang four times and then went busy! :finger

I did notice all the ticket brokers that have them listed on Ebay got plenty. I was funny because they had them listed before the tickets went on sale. The listings said that they would tell you where the seats are later. :angry:

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 01:17 AM)
I did notice all the ticket brokers that have them listed on Ebay got plenty. I was funny because they had them listed before the tickets went on sale. The listings said that they would tell you where the seats are later. :angry:

Strange! So it seems as if some brokers had an inside track and tickets prior to the box office opening. If you read my little story.. pay close attention to the end. MLB and Tickemaster made approx $250,000 on the 3082 tickets brokers have on their sites... there price average brings their cost to over $4.3 million making profit on tickets for Brokers over $4 million!!! Who has their hands on this profit????????

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 08:22 PM)
Strange!  So it seems as if some brokers had an inside track and tickets prior to the box office opening.  If you read my little story.. pay close attention to the end.  MLB and Tickemaster made approx $250,000 on the 3082 tickets brokers have on their sites... there price average brings their cost to over $4.3 million making profit on tickets for Brokers over $4 million!!!  Who has their hands on this profit????????

PEOPLE we need to definately take a stand! This if motherf***ing Bulls***! Mike, if you organize anything let me know! I am there! I actually feel like organizing something myself. If we get to The WS , I want a fair shot at tickets. I don't need a barrage of brokers taking my place in line (when I did nothing to lose it.) :headshake

Does anyone know who can be contacted at any of the white sox offices? If some how world series tickets can be sold at the windows, that would be all I would ask for.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 07:58 PM)
This is known as rakateering.

Enjoy it - because if they do get to the World Series, there ain't no way in hell but about 1% of the little guys get tickets.

Basically. I'd be damn suprised if you were able to get 2 tickets, even if you click right at the second Ticketmaster opens up for the WS. Unless you're on the inside.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Oct 7, 2005 -> 01:59 AM)
Basically. I'd be damn suprised if you were able to get 2 tickets, even if you click right at the second Ticketmaster opens up for the WS. Unless you're on the inside.

Again... I said rakateering (sp) but I think I should more say collusion. Ticketmaster and the brokers have this s*** all lined up to make each other's money. If you think it's "free market", think again.

events like today are all about luck.

during the ALDS we got in around noon and got games 1 and 2.

Today, we got in at noon and were even more prepared and got nothing.

Also, the website was purely awful today, that didn't help anyone's luck.

I would love to organize something or get something rolling but again, like originally stated... I am only one voice. I have however send an email and my website link to all chicago television news stations... but I am sure, as always it go on the way side and Ill get an email in about 2 months stating thanks for your concern!

The thing is I left them my cell number and home address... I am not shy to make a comment or take a stand!

:gosox1:

What is worse is the White Sox do not make extra off the brokers, unless they set up a Cubs scam.

You should probably contact the White Sox first and tell them in the future they should do things to assure that a single person (entity) does not get multiple tickets. That way even if a broker gets them it will only be a few as opposed to thousands.

There has to be some sort of kick up though, this is Chicago.

SB

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:00 PM)
events like today are all about luck.

during the ALDS we got in around noon and got games 1 and 2.

Today, we got in at noon and were even more prepared and got nothing.

Also, the website was purely awful today, that didn't help anyone's luck.

I can't disagree anymore with you. Go to the main sox board, WSI, this board. I know thousands of dies hard sox fans lost out today. You didn't see these complaints during the alds.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:14 PM)
I can't disagree anymore with you. Go to the main sox board, WSI,  this board. I know thousands of dies hard sox fans lost out today. You didn't see these complaints during the alds.

there was alot bigger demand for this series.

think about it, ANYONE could just go online, get lucky and sell them and make a huge profit.

But anything like this is mostly based on luck.

QUOTE(SnB @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
there was alot bigger demand for this series.

think about it, ANYONE could just go online, get lucky and sell them and make a huge profit.

But anything like this is mostly based on luck.

No, their was something f***ed up with the browser this time around. No way It jumps from 4 minute wait to 15 minute wait to 1 minute wait back to nothing. It was as if people(brokers) were cutting me in line.

I mean if you really want to start a conspiracy theory,

What was the deal with the proxy server error.

Without facts its hard to really say there was foul play, it does seem suspicious though that so many people who tried did not even get 1 ticket. At work we had multiple computers going and each got the proxy server error, then the time would go down and back up, then it kicked some out, and finally when we got through it was gone.

SB

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:20 PM)
No, their was something f***ed up with the browser this time around. No way It jumps from 4 minute wait to 15 minute wait to 1 minute wait  back to nothing.  It was as if people(brokers) were cutting me in line.

interesting.

but yeah, i'm just as unhappy as you about it.

If anyone does have more disheartening stories of their experiences with Ticketmaster today or anyday please email them to me at:

DisheartenedFan@hotmail.com

I wrote emails and sent links as mention before to all Chicago TV stations and I have also sent the link to all the guys at ESPNAM1000.

My plans, if there are stories, is to give my email login and password to Brooks and Tom with the White Sox and let them read everything. The email was set up today specifically for all of your feedback!

Thank you again for all of your support!! GO WHITE SOX!

If anyone does have more disheartening stories of their experiences with Ticketmaster today or anyday please email them to me at:

I wrote emails and sent links as mention before to all Chicago TV stations and I have also sent the link to all the guys at ESPNAM1000.

My plans, if there are stories, is to give my email login and password to Brooks and Tom with the White Sox and let them read everything.  The email was set up today specifically for all of your feedback!

Thank you again for all of your support!!  GO WHITE SOX!

I emailed Brooks about this subject of ticketmaster as well. I gave him the links to the site(soxtalk.com) also I gave him your link to your site...I hope that was OK, I should of asked first...sorry

QUOTE(rangercal @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 08:25 PM)
I just want it to be the way it was not too long ago. We should be able to camp out for the WS!  That is what I want to speak out for.

That's what I've been saying to people all day. Technology is f***ing us in the ass. There should be a frigging line ( real line) not techno line bulls***. Let the people who want the tickets the most get them. I've gotten shutout twice now and I've decided that I can't wait any longer. I'm just gonna have to bite the bullet an pay $300 I really can't afford in order to go to one (hopefully) ALCS game. This is ridiculous. I would be all for some kind of action because this is not right.

QUOTE(ChiSox9 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:35 PM)

My plans, if there are stories, is to give my email login and password to Brooks and Tom with the White Sox and let them read everything.  The email was set up today specifically for all of your feedback!

Thank you again for all of your support!!  GO WHITE SOX!

email already sent. I encourage all my fellow soxtalkers with any type of story to jump aboard and send him an email too.