7-1

JoeBatters

When you see what Loaiza is doing it tells me there is hope for pitchers like Garland and Wright if they would only listen to their pitching coach and concentrate during the game on applying the advice. EL has been helped tremendously by Cooper and his talent in now on display. Sign the guy for an extension is what I say.

Slow down. This is a guy with a sub-.500 career record, with an ERA of around 4.70. He's had 6 good weeks, and people think he's Mike Mussina or something. Let's see how the rest of the season goes for him, and start deciding what to do with him in September.

Slow down.  This is a guy with a sub-.500 career record, with an ERA of around 4.70.  He's had 6 good weeks, and people think he's Mike Mussina or something.  Let's see how the rest of the season goes for him, and start deciding what to do with him in September.

The difference is this guy has never been close to this good. Everyone has taked about his fast starts, but here are his #'s for his first 8 starts from 01-03

2001- 4-3 4.71 era

2002- 3-4 4.44 era

2003- 7-1 2.05 era

I think that something has been fixed.

True, he has been much better, but I'd still not jump the gun too early. If Pedro Martinez started this year with a 2-7 record, and a 4.68 ERA, would you tell the Red Sox to hurry up and get rid of him? I trust overall career numbers more than a 6 week stretch in any one season. Believe me, I hope you are right, but I'm going to remain wary for now. :cheers to Loaiza

why is it that when a guy goes from bad to good, people say, "well, ___ amount of time doesn't make up for years of bad play". yet when a guy plays good and struggles, people say "this guys sucks".

this wasn't directed at you tolleson, just something I've noticed.

BTW, I don't think Loaiza will continue on this pace, but I do see him having a strong season, he's looked very different compared to years past and seems to have a really good attitude about it.

why is it that when a guy goes from bad to good, people say, "well, ___ amount of time doesn't make up for years of bad play".  yet when a guy plays good and struggles, people say "this guys sucks".

this wasn't directed at you tolleson, just something I've noticed.

I agree, this kind of thing runs rampant around here. Although, I don't recall calling for the head of any Sox player thus far with a good track record behind them except Thomas, who I just feel is washed up.

Just think of the added pressure on this guy to get us those "must-wins" to break losing streaks.

It all started when he was #4 to start the season and after getting swept against the Royals he pitched a gem against the Tiggers.

Then he pitches the third game of the Royals series to give us 2 out of 3 against them.

Then after losing the last 2 gamnes of a 4 game set to the lowly Tribe, he gets us a big win in Baltimore.

Once again, in his next start he gives us the series win against the Twins.

He gives us our only win at Oakland, then last night another W after we lost 4 of 6 on the road.

He's so clutch right now it's not funny. And the intensity in his face when he's on the mound...he's got those "Pedro Eyes."

I hope he stays for at least 3-4 more years, because like SS said, he's been "fixed."