More World Series tickets

WinningUgly85

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(maki @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:50 AM)
i think we a ll need to relax a little here.  unless you're the one who controls the handling of the tickets the info you provide is subject to interpretation, on all sides.

I don't see it being subject to interpretation when it's been stated

"Due to the policies and proceedures of MLB, WHICH CONTROL ALL ASPECTS OF POSTSEASON PLAY, the White Sox must strictly inforce the following...."

:lol:

But you're right. It's a stupid argument... until Soxfest :ph34r:

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:52 AM)
Sorry to miss the point, but how exactly did you guys find out that they realeased some more tix at 4:00 yesterday?

Check Ticketmaster periodically. As CC's are declined they re-release the tickets.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:53 AM)
I don't see it being subject to interpretation when it's been stated

"Due to the policies and proceedures of MLB, WHICH CONTROL ALL ASPECTS OF POSTSEASON PLAY, the White Sox must strictly inforce the following...."

:lol:

But you're right. It's a stupid argument... until Soxfest  :ph34r:

what if under their control they took care of what they needed and decided to give control of the remaining tix to the sox?

:P

QUOTE(maki @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)
what if under their control they took care of what they needed and decided to give control of the remaining tix to the sox?

:P

I would have hoped they would have sold them at the box office to local fans and not via Ticketmaster where brokers all over the country could buy them and then attempt to rape Sox fans..

This has been a PR nightmare for the Sox. I don't think they would have done it intentionally. As a matter of fact.. from the email exchange with Brooks I posted here the other day.. I'm sure that isn't the case.

Remember in 2000 you could buy them at the BO... this year no. The deal with TM went into effect in '03.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:00 AM)
I would have hoped they would have sold them at the box office to local fans and not via Ticketmaster where brokers all over the country could buy them and then attempt to rape Sox fans..

This has been a PR nightmare for the Sox. I don't think they would have done it intentionally. As a matter of fact.. from the email exchange with Brooks I posted here the other day.. I'm sure that isn't the case.

Remember in 2000 you could buy them at the BO... this year no. The deal with TM went into effect in '03.

i really think the fact that you can't do it at the box office is an offshoot of the expansion of getting tickets online. now that most do it online and by cc, they don't wanna do it in person w/ cash because of the hassle of dealing w/ refunds using cash. now you simply put the money back in the cc acct. i think this is part of the reasoning. certainly not all, but part.

QUOTE(maki @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 09:04 AM)
i really think the fact that you can't do it at the box office is an offshoot of the expansion of getting tickets online.  now that most do it online and by cc, they don't wanna do it in person w/ cash because of the hassle of dealing w/ refunds using cash.  now you simply put the money back in the cc acct.  i think this is part of the reasoning.  certainly not all, but part.

The other problem is tickets sold out in 18 minutes. How many people waiting in line would have been able to get tickets within that time frame, especially with the people in front of every ticket line you have ever been in checking section by section before making up their minds?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 10:17 AM)
The other problem is tickets sold out in 18 minutes. How many people waiting in line would have been able to get tickets within that time frame, especially with the people in front of every ticket line you have ever been in checking section by section before making up their minds?

But don't you think if it was done at the BO and via the Sox it would not have sold out in 18 minutes? The nature of the TM Beast. 50,000 TM outlets facilitated that.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 19, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
Some people would like to know why other teams have a lottery or different system than this team, and I think that it is a very valid question.

Nobody here knows the answer.

I don't perceive it as b****ing if the Sox organization is asked this question because they obviously would be the most informed and would have the answer.  I highly doubt the organization would be clueless as to why the situation is different for them.  Even if the MLB makes all the decisions regarding WS ticket sales, I would imagine that an explanation would have to be given to the teams as to why they do it differenty for each situation.

:gosox3:

OK, now it's happening to me. I went onto TM and looked under both Saturday and Sunday. In both instances, I was able to pull the drop box down and select 4. Both times there were no tix available. I wnet back and tried for 1 ticket, again, no tix available.

Why does it allow you to ask for 4 , if even 1 is not available?? :huh

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 12:55 PM)
OK, now it's happening to me.  I went onto TM and looked under both Saturday and Sunday.  In both instances, I was able to pull the drop box down and select 4.  Both times there were no tix available.  I wnet back and tried for 1 ticket, again, no tix available.

Why does it allow you to ask for 4 , if even 1 is not available??    :huh

My interpretation o that is that you 'missed it by that much.' I think the system is adjusting the number you can pull when cancellations are put back into the mix, and somebody just scooped you.

It wasn't me, sadly, though I've been tryin g to randomly pull that miracle ticket off the site for the last two days.

QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 01:08 PM)
My interpretation o that is that you 'missed it by that much.'  I think the system is adjusting the number you can pull when cancellations are put back into the mix, and somebody just scooped you.

It wasn't me, sadly, though I've been tryin g to randomly pull that miracle ticket off the site for the last two days.

That's what I thought but it went on for like 20 minutes. Both Saturday and Sunday switched back and forth from 1 to 4 a few times.

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 07:17 PM)
They haven't released any on ticketmaster since the initial offering. They might have been doing maintenance on the page. I also heard from someone that there were less than 150 tickets released for Game 1 when they became available.

How do you know they haven't released any? Source?

QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
They haven't released any on ticketmaster since the initial offering. They might have been doing maintenance on the page. I also heard from someone that there were less than 150 tickets released for Game 1 when they became available.

150!?!

Yes, source??

Wow.

In the unlikely event that at 9:00 PM tomorrow night some tix are unclaimed at will call, how will those tix be put back into circulation?

Will the box office at the park sell them at 9:01?

Since the Will Call window will have the actual tix, will they be sold from there at 9:01?

Will they be available on line at 9:01?

Will they go on sale the following morning?

anyone?

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 08:20 PM)
In the unlikely event that at 9:00 PM tomorrow night some tix are unclaimed at will call, how will those tix be put back into circulation?

Will the box office at the park sell them at 9:01?

Since the Will Call window will have the actual tix, will they be sold from there at 9:01?

Will they be available on line at 9:01?

Will they go on sale the following morning?

anyone?

i doubt ANYONE will know the answer to this.

or if they do, they won't say it.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 03:22 PM)
i doubt ANYONE will know the answer to this.

or if they do, they won't say it.

Ohhh, I see, it's THAT kind of party. Well then I guess it's time to go breathe down people's necks at the will call line tomorrow night at 9:01. Desperate times call for desperate measures.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 20, 2005 -> 03:32 AM)
When MLB tells me that because they control the tickets and the way they are sold and that I can not buy what I want because they said so... that's a good reason for me to believe them.

During the season the Sox sell me whatever I want, as many as I want, to whatever games I want.

It's crystal clear to me who controlled the post season tickets.

That's different than what others are talking about. If the Sox wanted to do a lottery they could have. They had control over how the tickets that were made available to the public were sold. They may not have had control over how many were for sale? They may have been required to provide a certain number for public sale, which precluded them allowing season ticket holders to buy extras. But the individual team had some control over how the tickets were sold. I confirmed it with a friend in the Braves ticket office today.