Remind me again...

OfficerKarkovice

...why everyone thinks that we should get rid of Big Frank??? He has probably been our best hitter so far this year...with the possible exception of D'Angelo (who people also want to axe). We get rid of Frank and we're lucky to score 2 runs a game. The guy is making less money than Maggs, Konerko (which is a f***ing joke), and about the same as Valentin (an ever bigger joke)...we need this guy in the lineup.

He's been struggling, yet still getting on base.

As sad and pathetic as this next thing I'm about to say is....it's true

Frank Thomas, with an average of .263, has the third highest average out of any of our starting players....though I'm not sure about Olivo.

Very, very, very sad. It makes me want to :puke

and Frank has a home run, a double, a single tonight -

and I picked CLee (with 2 hits) for my PTC because I was warned we couldn't pick the same player game after game -

I am happy to be wrong on PTC in these circumstances! ;)

and Frank has a home run, a double, a single tonight -

and I picked CLee (with 2 hits) for my PTC because I was warned we couldn't pick the same player game after game -

I am happy to be wrong on PTC in these circumstances!  ;)

A triple short of the cycle.

Could you imagine if Frank got a triple? Holy s***...that'd be killer.

BTW....Frank Thomas average watch...he's up to .269....still in 3rd, but is now only 2 points behind Maggs, who is at .271. DJ lazy-ass is at .305. He's gonna be a helluva hitter. I just hate his attitude. If he had any work ethic at all, he'd be the next Robby Alomar, no question. Because he does not know what work ethic is, he is never going to be noticed. Hell, you could have a good work ethic and you might not get noticed....ala Magglio Ordonez.

Could you imagine if Frank got a triple?  Holy s***...that'd be killer. 

that could be the highlight of the year!

would love to see it -

Frank bashers, take note of the batting averages as witesoxfan has presented them -

Big Hurt!

:headbang :cheers :usa

Could you imagine if Frank got a triple?  Holy s***...that'd be killer. 

that could be the highlight of the year!

would love to see it -

Frank bashers, take note of the batting averages as witesoxfan has presented them -

Big Hurt!

:headbang :cheers :usa

I am a Frank basher, but I will say the last few days he has looked much better. he has made a big time effort to go to CF and RF, and he has looked much better because of it. I hope he keeps it up. :cheers

I love seeing big men stretch doubles into triples. It's so funny seeing how hard they work. Seeing Dmitri Young get 2 the other night.....I thought that was great.

SS2K3....it will go on. He has always started slow. In fact...last week...I looked at how many homers he had at that time of year in 2000 and how many he had then....last week, he had 5....and at that time in 2000, he had 6. In 2000, he hit like .328 43 143. If he gives us a .300 35 120 year.....that'd be bigger than big.

I am a Frank basher

well just f***ing quit it!

:bang :lolhitting

many people have given up bad habits and gone on to lead productive lives; you can too! :lol:

It is more of his attitude on the field. I am a big time guy for a team player. hit behind a runner, give up your body.. that kind of thing.

But as long as he shows that he is in it for the TEAM, Frank will get my props.

I'm not a fan of Frank until he steps into the batters box. When he's stroking the ball, baseball becomes a work of art. When he's not, I remember his attitude, play off non performance :angry:

Still if we're going to get out of the first round we need him.

...why everyone thinks that we should get rid of Big Frank???  He has probably been our best hitter so far this year...with the possible exception of D'Angelo (who people also want to axe).  We get rid of Frank and we're lucky to score 2 runs a game.  The guy is making less money than Maggs, Konerko (which is a f***ing joke), and about the same as Valentin (an ever bigger joke)...we need this guy in the lineup.

Maybe they're afraid of success because they'll have nothing to b**** and moan about...

Oh, wait... The "Man" is keeping Aaron Miles, AKA Roberto Alomar II down in AAA. There'll always be that.

Frank is getting ready to go on one of his patented, team carrying, rolls.  The season will turn for the better on Frank Thomas' bat.

Wha-Wha-What? Frank hasn't had a team-carrying roll since 1995. Even the last time he was good, 2000, he was rarely carrying the team. Clutch hitting from Mags, Valentin, and Herbert Perry were doing most of the legwork, supported by career years out of every starter on the staff. I hope more than anything that I am wrong on this, and that everyone can tell me what an idiot I am at the Sox victory parade in October, but I still say Frank is done, and that his .260-25-75, .190 w/RISP numbers are about the best we're going to see out of him.

...why everyone thinks that we should get rid of Big Frank???  He has probably been our best hitter so far this year...with the possible exception of D'Angelo (who people also want to axe).  We get rid of Frank and we're lucky to score 2 runs a game.  The guy is making less money than Maggs, Konerko (which is a f***ing joke), and about the same as Valentin (an ever bigger joke)...we need this guy in the lineup.

Who said they wanted to get rid of D'Ang..?

Even the last time he was good, 2000, he was rarely carrying the team

Disagree.

Frank's best season in the last 5 years was in 2000 -- it was also the Sox's best season in the last 5 years. Coincidence? I think not.

The Sox go as Frank goes. Bottom line.

I still say Frank is done, and that his .260-25-75, .190 w/RISP numbers are about the best we're going to see out of him

I hope you like the taste of crow. ;)

Wha-Wha-What?  Frank hasn't had a team-carrying roll since 1995.  Even the last time he was good, 2000, he was rarely carrying the team.

On that, I will disagree. Frank carried the team a lot in 2000. Baseball is a team sport and no one player does it all, but Frank carried that team a lot in 2000.

On that, I will disagree.  Frank carried the team a lot in 2000.  Baseball is a team sport and no one player does it all, but Frank carried that team a lot in 2000.

Well, with the numbers he put up that year, he certainly was doing more than his part in 2000, but I'm still not seeing it happening again from him this year. And I will more than happy to eat Crow Florentine, Almondine, Marsala, Stroganoff, whatever if I'm wrong. Looking forward to it, actually. :headbang :headbang :bringit