MM PK

WSoxMatt

QUOTE(WSoxMatt @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
Watching ESPNNEWS today, they said that Houston plays 85% of their games with the roof closed, but in the World Series, MLB just about controls everything and they said that the roof should be OPEN for the games in Houston

The conspiracy theorist are going to have a field day with this one.

Advantage Pale Hose.

QUOTE(Felix @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 03:00 PM)
It should be without a doubt.

We dont need any of our HR's to hit the top and fall down for a long, high single.

Yes, because that happens SOOOOOOOOOO often :rolly

This is actually suprising to me that MLB is stepping in to make the decision but I guess it makes sense. A retractable dome should only be closed if there is a reason for it to be closed. It's a bit of a headscratcher :huh

QUOTE(Mplssoxfan @ Oct 24, 2005 -> 03:53 PM)
I think it's closed in the summertime because of the heat, and they want to open it because it's nice out now in Texas.  Mid 70's, I think.

I think it's going to be high 60's, low 70's DURING THE DAY. There is absolutely no reason it should be closed, unless it's under 50 degrees or raining, which is a possibility at night.

Baseball is meant to be played outside. I went to a game last year at the Juice Box and they had the roof closed until right before the game. When they opened it, I could here a chorus and harps and it was a beautiful night. That's the way baseball should be played!!!

Anybody ever been to Houston in July and August?...probably THE worst place to be on the planet...and I can say that and live in friggin Phoenix! You'd have the roof closed too.

Thank god the new football stadium has a roof....no more roasting yer nuts on metal bleachers at Sun Devil Stadium!!!!!