reactions from other fan sites

White Sox

Red Sox fan here who's been checking out the site since my team was unceremoniously walloped by the White Sox this year.

Not from a fan site, per se...but just wanted to let you know that every baseball fan I know in Boston was pulling for you guys...from friends to my parents and even my grandfather. We know how it feels, both the bad times of thinking that maybe a championship really would NEVER come, to the indescribable feeling of watching the team you pour your heart & soul into recording the final out, as world champions.

Just wanted to pass along my congratulations...through every round of the playoffs you pretty much left no question as to who was boss this year. That's not even including the regular season: wall-to-wall first place.

Count me among the people who were uneducated enough not to respect what your team was capable of...when I heard Cleveland got swept the final weekend of the season, I bought into the media hype that it was more of an Indians choke than a White Sox trouncing. I figured the Red Sox would get through you and lose in the next round to the Angels. Shows what I know...wishful thinking I guess.

I was so wrong it wasn't even funny. Boston didn't have a prayer.

Neither did Anaheim. And quite clearly, neither did Houston.

A hell of team you've got. As another fan of a formerly "long suffering" franchise, soak it in. It makes me nostalgic for last year...there's nothing like the release of FINALLY getting it done, for the first time, when you root for a team that other people snicker at like they're cursed, second-class citizens.

So, like I got to say to some Yankee-loving bastards last year in terms of the Red Sox: "Whose World Series drought is longer than the White Sox's?" EVERYBODY'S. Think about that for a second. EVERYBODY'S.

QUOTE(BoSoxforChiSox @ Oct 27, 2005 -> 10:10 AM)
Red Sox fan here who's been checking out the site since my team was unceremoniously walloped by the White Sox this year.

Not from a fan site, per se...but just wanted to let you know that every baseball fan I know in Boston was pulling for you guys...from friends to my parents and even my grandfather.  We know how it feels, both the bad times of thinking that maybe a championship really would NEVER come, to the indescribable feeling of watching the team you pour your heart & soul into recording the final out, as world champions.

Just wanted to pass along my congratulations...through every round of the playoffs you pretty much left no question as to who was boss this year. That's not even including the regular season: wall-to-wall first place.

Count me among the people who were uneducated enough not to respect what your team was capable of...when I heard Cleveland got swept the final weekend of the season, I bought into the media hype that it was more of an Indians choke than a White Sox trouncing. I figured the Red Sox would get through you and lose in the next round to the Angels. Shows what I know...wishful thinking I guess.

I was so wrong it wasn't even funny. Boston didn't have a prayer.

Neither did Anaheim. And quite clearly, neither did Houston.

A hell of team you've got. As another fan of a formerly "long suffering" franchise, soak it in. It makes me nostalgic for last year...there's nothing like the release of FINALLY getting it done, for the first time, when you root for a team that other people snicker at like they're cursed, second-class citizens.

So, like I got to say to some Yankee-loving bastards last year in terms of the Red Sox: "Whose World Series drought is longer than the White Sox's?" EVERYBODY'S.  Think about that for a second.  EVERYBODY'S.

& between the 2 of us...quite frankly we have compiled an 8 game World Series winning streak! GOOSEBUMPS JUST CAME OVER ME WITH THAT ONE! Thanks for the props! Nice to hear it from the other color!