Reinsdorf deserves love

BFirebird

Jerry Reinsdorf deserves a lot more credit in this city than he gets. He has now delivered 7 championships to this city......WAY more than anyone else can come close to.

Yeah he had a certain Michael Jordan for 6 of those but you know what, he did something that NO chicago owner has been able to do since Comiskey. Bring a World Series to Chicago.

Yes I am aware of his involvement of the 94 strike and his unwillingness to spend money sometimes but he has always wanted to bring this championship to Chicago. He has always said he would trade those Bulls Championships for 1 World Series ring. By the passion shown today and the bringing along of Kenny and Ozzie....he proved he meant it.

Bringing his WHOLE staff to Houston to be a part of the celebration...thats class my friends. Tell me of another owner that has done that. This organization is a family, from Jerry at the top to the ticket guy at gate 3.

Congratulations Jerry and may Moronati NEVER write bad words about you again!!!!

People around the game say he treats his employees extremely well. I think that this week signals the end of the bitterness over the departure of Phil, MJ, etc. I think that JR will cement his legacy even more if he brings guys back, meaning Paulie and ensuring that KW and Ozzie are around

QUOTE(IlliniKrush @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 12:16 PM)
I can't criticize an owner that got us a championship. It's that simple.

He deserved criticism for about 23-24 years.

Today...he just got handed a free pass.

As long as he don't try to move the team again...he's ok in my book. He gave me what I wanted.

JR= Best owner in Chicago- its that simple!

6 Bulls Championships

1 White Sox title + many, many more!

The McCaskeys are terrbile owners. Once Halas passed away the ruined the beloved organization.

I won't even mention the Wirtz ownership of the Hawks- TERRIBLE!

And the Tribune- well- lets just say its been 97 years. How can an organization accept losing for that long?

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)

6 Bulls Championships

The McCaskeys are terrbile owners. Once Halas passed away the ruined the beloved organization.

And the Tribune- well- lets just say its been 97 years. How can an organization accept losing for that long?

GreatScott

Can you post your picture (from your sig) for some of us to copy....it is awesome. I do not want to copy the sig since it is distorted for size purposes.

TIA :gosox1:

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)

6 Bulls Championships

Actually I think McCaskeys are doing everything to win too....I think the Bears are very close to winning it all. If Orton or Rex turn out to be just solid QBs, the defense, running game, OL etc are all there to win it all. The Bears are young but not that far away. And it only gets better since their cap is healthy,all of the core is signed for a while and the GM has shown he can draft well (I think even Benson will be fine when given a chance).

Also, the owners have been shelling out the big signing bonuses for a while now.

Ogunleye, Tait, Fred Miller, Kreutz, Urlacher, Mike Brown, Muhsin Muhammad etc have all got great signing bonuses (which is how you attract FAs). Everyone has the same cap, but the ability to pay signing bonuses helps spread the cap hit and helps get FAs to sign since they know signing bonuses is all that is needed.

And I do not know about you guys but JR looks very much like a down to earth guy. He does not wear the suits and he does not come out as being some corporate shirt. He looks like a hard working man....like most Sox fans. And he has said this so many times - he is simply the caretaker of our franchise

NOW, hopefully, I do not have to EVER post another attendance thread again. People (not any of you on tihs board since everyone here is a diehard...no doubt in my mind) need to start attending games next year in large droves and HELP Jerry re-sign the Paulies of the world and even get better players here to truly turn this franchise around. I would like to think that we should not wait another 88 years for the next one. Keep this going folks.....

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 08:23 PM)
GreatScott

Can you post your picture (from your sig) for some of us to copy....it is awesome. I do not want to copy the sig since it is distorted for size purposes.

TIA  :gosox1:

soxchamps.jpg

here ya go sox-r-us! I love this picture. If you go to Whitesox.com and click on merchandise- its actually one of the shirts you can buy!! I bought it. :gosox1: :gosox1:

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Oct 28, 2005 -> 03:27 PM)
Actually I think McCaskeys are doing everything to win too....I think the Bears are very close to winning it all. If Orton or Rex turn out to be just solid QBs, the defense, running game, OL etc are all there to win it all. The Bears are young but not that far away. And it only gets better since their cap is healthy,all of the core is signed for a while and the GM has shown he can draft well (I think even Benson will be fine when given a chance).

Also, the owners have been shelling out the big signing bonuses for a while now.

Ogunleye, Tait, Fred Miller, Kreutz, Urlacher, Mike Brown, Muhsin Muhammad etc have all got great signing bonuses (which is how you attract FAs). Everyone has the same cap, but the ability to pay signing bonuses helps spread the cap hit and helps get FAs to sign since they know signing bonuses is all that is needed.

I agree, they gave the Bears the best defence in the NFC. They try, and that's all you can ask of an owner. We all know some don't...Wertz...

Jerry's been keeping himself out of the spotlight for years. We saw a side of him that many of us had never seen before. I've been critical of him in the past, yet I've never considered myself to be permantly anti-Jerry. Over the past couple of years, I started to believe that he really wanted to win it all. I think KW was the catalyst. I knew the day that KW traded for David Wells that he was willing to take a shot and go for it. The deal didn't work out, but the philosophy behind it was obvious. KW kept trying and Jerry kept letting him take his shots. That's what convinced me that JR wanted to win.