E-mail to Brooks

tonyho7476

Here is what I sent to Brooks...I'll post his reponse...

Hi Brooks...another annoying question. I know that MLB is selling a WS DVD. And I can't wait for that. But what about a DVD celebrating the whole year? I would love to be able to relive opening day, the AJ homerun game against the Dodgers, the Aaron Rowand defensive effort against the Yankees...and the DVD bonus stuff could be limitless...the pregame intros...the Go-Go White Sox song with the bouncing ball video...pictures of celebrations.

I want to celebrate this whole season...and everything that encompassed it.

I realize you may not be involved with something like this, but I hope we see it.

Love the Sox,

Tony from Stickney

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to send something to Brooks about this same topic. A single season DVD recap would be great as would a single disc World Series DVD. However, I was more interested in getting something similar to the 12 disc deluxe box set that the Boston Red Sox got last year. All 7 games of the ALCS and all 4 games of the WS. Also, all sorts of other interesting stuff.

Link to Amazon for Red Sox DVD

Or the Yankees DVD Box set

QUOTE(Irishsox1 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:46 AM)
I wanted to send something to Brooks about this same topic.  A single season DVD recap would be great as would a single disc World Series DVD.  However, I was more interested in getting something similar to the 12 disc deluxe box set that the Boston Red Sox got last year.  All 7 games of the ALCS and all 4 games of the WS.  Also, all sorts of other interesting stuff. 

Link to Amazon for Red Sox DVD

Or the Yankees DVD Box set

That's pretty damn cool...I would love for the Sox to put that out...

Hey I asked this a while ago but can you please also mention to him to include the intro video from each of this year's home games? That was a favorite, and I'm guessing it's going to change before next season--it has to. It would be a nice memento to open the DVD!

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 12:43 PM)
Hey I asked this a while ago but can you please also mention to him to include the intro video from each of this year's home games?  That was a favorite, and I'm guessing it's going to change before next season--it has to.  It would be a nice memento to open the DVD!

that was in my e-mail...

no response yet.

QUOTE(LVSoxFan @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:43 AM)
Hey I asked this a while ago but can you please also mention to him to include the intro video from each of this year's home games?  That was a favorite, and I'm guessing it's going to change before next season--it has to.  It would be a nice memento to open the DVD!

That seems to be an impossibility. Due to the fact that much material involved in the opening montage is copyrighted and cannot be redistributed.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 12:46 PM)
That seems to be an impossibility. Due to the fact that much material involved in the opening montage is copyrighted and cannot be redistributed.

Yeah, but MLB owns that, right?...are you saying that MLB won't give their 'expressed written consent' to put that on the DVD? They will.

After seeing what the Red Sox and Yankees put out...this DVD could be f***ing awesome.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Yeah, but MLB owns that, right?...are you saying that MLB won't give their 'expressed written consent' to put that on the DVD?  They will.

After seeing what the Red Sox and Yankees put out...this DVD could be f***ing awesome.

I'm talking about the music used in the montage.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:49 AM)
Yeah, but MLB owns that, right?...are you saying that MLB won't give their 'expressed written consent' to put that on the DVD?  They will.

MLB doesn't own the rights to the music.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 11:52 AM)
Ahhh...interesting point...they could probably work something out...depending on cost.

It would "cost" everytime it's played. Brooks specifically has told several people, on this very site, that it will not be done.

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 01:47 PM)
It would "cost" everytime it's played. Brooks specifically has told several people, on this very site, that it will not be done.

Well, the DVD will kick ass regardless. Still no response from Brooks. What did he take a day off? Bulls***...get back to work.

Ha, we're the world champs... :bang

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 06:47 PM)

I'm not arguing that point, but if they wanted to get it done, they could pay a blanket royalty. I wouldn't, if I were them, though. It's insanely expensive, and they're not a radio station.

The demand for a Red Sawx DVD set with all of the games is a lot higher than a DVD set with all of the Sox playoff games. Nothing against the White Sox fan base, myself included, I just don't see a set like that coming out for us. The Red Sawx had a lot larger national following and it was covered a lot heavier than our run. Just my two cents, but I don't see a chance for any official release of a DVD set of all of our playoff games.

I have no idea how this would work with the rights involved, but on the DVD set, I would love to be able to choose the soundtrack for the play-by-play. I had to listen to Buck and McCarver live; it would be great to have Rooney and Farmer calling the game on the DVDs. You could switch between soundtracks in the DVD options....

Just my two cents....

QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 12:47 PM)

It didnt stop the Sox from broadcasting the intro (had both Pirates and Thunderstruck) on every major network during the rally after the parade.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
The demand for a Red Sawx DVD set with all of the games is a lot higher than a DVD set with all of the Sox playoff games.  Nothing against the White Sox fan base, myself included, I just don't see a set like that coming out for us.  The Red Sawx had a lot larger national following and it was covered a lot heavier than our run.  Just my two cents, but I don't see a chance for any official release of a DVD set of all of our playoff games.

Yes and no. But, I believe if they are going to put out Season 1 of Good Times, then why can't they put the White Sox on DVD? There is more White Sox fans than Good Times fans. I couldn't say that with confidence before the rally, but now I'm 100% sure.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:11 PM)
The demand for a Red Sawx DVD set with all of the games is a lot higher than a DVD set with all of the Sox playoff games.  Nothing against the White Sox fan base, myself included, I just don't see a set like that coming out for us.  The Red Sawx had a lot larger national following and it was covered a lot heavier than our run.  Just my two cents, but I don't see a chance for any official release of a DVD set of all of our playoff games.

A national following is one thing...those people aren't going to all go buy the DVD. We have just as much potential for this. I hope. :P

QUOTE(Irishsox1 @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Yes and no.  But, I believe if they are going to put out Season 1 of Good Times, then why can't they put the White Sox on DVD?  There is more White Sox fans than Good Times fans.  I couldn't say that with confidence before the rally, but now I'm 100% sure.

If shows like these can have pricey, complete DVD season box sets:

Gilmore Girls

Veronica Mars

Entourage

Laguna Beach

Full House

One Tree Hill

Drawn Together

Viva La Bam

America's Funniest Home Videos

Las Vegas

I'm sure a nice Sox box set could turn a profit too.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 31, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
If shows like these can have pricey, complete DVD season box sets:

Gilmore Girls

Veronica Mars

Entourage

Laguna Beach

Full House

One Tree Hill

Drawn Together

Viva La Bam

America's Funniest Home Videos

Las Vegas

I'm sure a nice Sox box set could turn a profit too.

Exactly...Laguna Beach...what the f*** is that?