Some Rooney info

IlliniKrush

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 10:40 AM)
It's really not a question of his talent. John is/was getting paid a LOT of $$. Sadly, it all boils down to the bottom line. If the $$ isn't there (advertising $$ mainly) they can't pay him. Hopefully the Sox are able to come to some terms with both the Score and John and he sticks around.

Thats what makes it difficult. The score is competing with national outlets like ESPN as well as a few TV outlets that may pay him to do their Television broadcasts. John Rooney is such a highly respected announcer he is hands down the #1 free agent in the world of MLB broadcasters. It will be near impossible for the score to find the money to keep him. Unless he takes less money than he can get elsewhere there will be someone else joining Farmio in the booth in '06.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What about throwing Rooney in the color booth with Hawk and kicking DJ to the curb....UH OHHHH!!!

By the way, this is my first post, Ive been hanging around this board for a while now just reading some goodies, what a great forum. Im usually over on WhiteSox.com but there is way to many trolls over there.

WHITE SOX!!! WHITE SOX!!! GO GO WHITE SOX!!!

QUOTE(He Gawn!!! @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 12:06 PM)
What about throwing Rooney in the color booth with Hawk and kicking DJ to the curb....UH OHHHH!!!

By the way, this is my first post, Ive been hanging around this board for a while now just reading some goodies, what a great forum.  Im usually over on WhiteSox.com but there is way to many trolls over there. 

WHITE SOX!!!  WHITE SOX!!!  GO GO WHITE SOX!!!

Welcome aboard and happy posting!

:cheers :cheers :cheers

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 09:40 AM)
It's really not a question of his talent. John is/was getting paid a LOT of $$. Sadly, it all boils down to the bottom line. If the $$ isn't there (advertising $$ mainly) they can't pay him. Hopefully the Sox are able to come to some terms with both the Score and John and he sticks around.

Oh, trust me, I've been listening to enough radio to know that talent is not the defining factor - it's just sad to me that the Score will dump $1.5 mil per on an assbag like North, but are reluctant to pony up for someone who is great and respected at what he does.

I'm not SURPRISED, by any means, it's just too bad.

QUOTE(aboz56 @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
Levine, as far as I know, is done as the Baseball Insider.  He said it during one of the playoff games. 

Dolgin I couldn't imagine being brought to the Score, but I sure to hell hope he is.  He grew on me big time throughout the year, I thought he was fantastic as the season went on.  It'd make it a bit easier to lose Rooney if we kept Bryan on the pre and post.

no what he meant was that he won't be on the pre game shows but he will still cover them.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:13 AM)
no what he meant was that he won't be on the pre game shows but he will still cover them.

Cleo has spoken..

If the Score don't want him, which is the indication at this point since they currently don't use him for crap - and have been vocal about not being able to stand his stupid arse.. he's done.

QUOTE(Steff @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:18 AM)
Cleo has spoken..

If the Score don't want him, which is the indication at this point since they currently don't use him for crap - and have been vocal about not being able to stand his stupid arse.. he's done.

He is staying at ESPN 1000. That's what i was saying. Reading is a skill.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 01:24 PM)
no but they can still cover it.  Like WSCR was doing before this year.  Bruce still has the same access to White Sox Personnel that he did a year ago.

Well he will no longer be the Baseball Insider for the White Sox Radio network.

Therefore, I won't have to listen to his misreported stories.

Which is fine by me.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:24 AM)
no but they can still cover it.  Like WSCR was doing before this year.  Bruce still has the same access to White Sox Personnel that he did a year ago.

Which wasn't the point made.

And no, Bruce will not still have the same credentials working for a station NOT covering the Sox..

Why are we arguing over Bruce Levine?

He is a talentless hack.

Yes I said it, talentless hack.

He lost all credibility when he went on Sportscenter and called the Arod to the Red Sox trade as being back on, only to have the deal declared dead like 30 mins later.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 11:27 AM)
he still has access to KW, probably Reinsdorf, and the players.  WSCR did.

He does..? Bruce told you this..? Because 2 employees of AM1000 told me differently.

I'm gonna go with them on this one.

Bruce effed up when he tangled with Bryan on the air last week. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Nov 1, 2005 -> 09:23 AM)
I couldnt disagree more.  Farmer is terrible as the play by play, and we got a taste during the playoffs and it was bad.  It sounded like Monty in Major League "fly ball"....."caught"

Rooney is one of the best radio guys in the league if not the best.  He is enjoyable to listen to, and I will be very sad to see him go.

not as bad as the dejected astro's announcer during the last of the WS... he's good announcer, but them were some baaaad calls and games for him

You kids are silly. Taking the word of other people as truth as much as you are. I hate to say it, but NOBODY on this board knows 100% what is really going to happen. So until we all do, can we all TRY to get along and quit bickering like 5 year olds? Steff, what is your love with Cleo anyways??? Do you get paid for advertising for her?

We know that Bruce is employed by AM1000 and they will no longer have coverage of the Sox, and that Bruce himself on the air with his own voice from his own mouth questions his role as "baseball insider" next year. I'd say that's a pretty good source.

No, I'm not a rep of hers. It's kinda sorta a "what a stupid comment" jab that I use when someone takes crystal clear comments from a horses mouth and attempts to spin them into something that couldn't be farther from the comments made.

Well, there are other reporters allowed into a club house, so will guess Bruce will still hold a job for MVP, and the relationship he has built over the years will probably get him a little extra coverage. He won't have the full access that he used to, but I am sure he will get more than a beat reporter out of Minneapolis would get.

I'm thinking I will send Cleo an email with all of the posts with her name mentioned by you. You should get some form of payment out of it. :P