Dayn Perry

GASHWOUND

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 01:51 PM)
i think Washburn is very underrated and he might be the best pitcher in the market.  Look at it this way: Times Washburn has won 15 or more games- 1.  Burnett- 0.

If you're looking for an overrated pitching stat, you found it. In wins.

Washburn has been the better pitcher over the course of his career but Burnett isn't going to make $11M+ because he has been a consitant pitcher, he's going to make that money because he has some of the best stuff/overall talent in all of baseball.

In other words; Burnett = Wood, Washburn = Buehrle.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 02:51 PM)
i think Washburn is very underrated and he might be the best pitcher in the market.  Look at it this way: Times Washburn has won 15 or more games- 1.  Burnett- 0.

On that note, Burnett is also overrated. He has a lifetime 49-50 record and a 3.73 career ERA in the NL. He reminds me a lot of Jeff Weaver.

Burnett has some upside with his good stuff, but I would go with Millwood over Burnett or Washburn.

QUOTE(WinninUgly @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 02:17 PM)
On that note, Burnett is also overrated.  He has a lifetime 49-50 record and a 3.73 career ERA in the NL.  He reminds me a lot of Jeff Weaver. 

Burnett has some upside with his good stuff, but I would go with Millwood over Burnett or Washburn.

i agree. He is so inconsistent. This year really showed that.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Nov 5, 2005 -> 03:26 PM)
i agree.  He is so inconsistent.  This year really showed that.

I was really glad when the trade deadline passed because I thought he would have been a big mistake. He is probably a #3 or #4 starter at best, and he is going to get #1 or #2 starter money. I guess for some teams that don't have a legitimate #1 or #2 guy, he is going to look really good.

It will be interesting to he how he does in the AL if he comes over.