NEW PICK TO CLICK IDEA!!

OK I have thought about it, and there is only about one way to do this. I am going to go ahead and add pitching to the pick to click equation. There will be two sets of pitchers that can be picked. The starting pitcher will can be one pick, and the entire bullpen can be the other.

But since I have yet to be convinced that there is a really fair and easy way to equalize the hitters and pitchers, we will stick with the point system for hitters, but if the pitching prefomance warrants I will annoint either the starting pitcher or the preformance of the bullpen as a whole the winner of the Pick to Click for that day.

Comments and Questions please

This is the system. Read it, learn it, understand it. But above all apply to the game logs & see how it performs.

Hitters:

1 pt per base & 1 base for each advancement of a runner.

Examples:

An RBI hit = min 2 pt

An RBI out = min 1 pt

A HIT, SF, BB, HP, FC, SB = min 1 pt

RS = 0 pts. The run either scores on a steal or because of the play of the hitter.

A HR will generate betw 4 (NON) & 10 (GS) pts

Pitchers:

1 pt per out, -1 pt per base, -1 pt per run, + pts (ip - er)

Examples:

CG NH SO: 27 pts (the equivalent of 3 GS would be needed to beat that)

CG SO, 10 hit game = 17 pts (the equivalent o f2 GS would beat that)

Ex 5/17/2003

Garland: 6ip, 2er, 6 hits, 1 walk = 18 - 7 - 2 = 9 pts

Gordon: 1ip = 3 pts

Wunsch: 2 out, 1 hit, 1 run = 0 pts

Koch: 1 out = 1 pt

Lee: 2 hits (non) = 2pts

DAng: 1 hit (non) = 1 pt

Maggs: 1 hit(non) = 1 pt

Koney: 1 hit(1on) = 2 pts

Crede: 1 hit(2on) = 3 pts

Olivo: 1 hit(3on) = 4 pts

PTC winner: Garland

:bang <- on PTC author for not letting me pick Garland on Sat

This is the system.  Read it, learn it, understand it. But above all apply to the game logs & see how it performs.

Hitters:

Examples:

An RBI hit = min 2 pt

An RBI out = min 1 pt

RS = 0 pts. The run either scores on a steal or because of the play of the hitter.

Pitchers:

1 pt per out, -1 pt per base, -1 pt per run

Examples:

Ex 5/17/2003

Koch:  1 out = 1 pt

Olivo:  1 hit(3on) = 4 pts

:bang 

look dude, I don't have hours to figure out a long and complex system. EASY AND QUICK, just like I have been telling you all year :fyou

This is the system.  Read it, learn it, understand it. But above all apply to the game logs & see how it performs.

Hitters:

Examples:

An RBI hit = min 2 pt

An RBI out = min 1 pt

Pitchers:

Examples:

Ex 5/17/2003

:bang  <- on PTC author for not letting me pick Garland on Sat

look dude, I don't have hours to figure out a long and complex system. EASY AND QUICK, just like I have been telling you all year :fyou

It's easier & quicker to figure out than the current system.

All you have to do is scroll through the game log & look for hits.

It takes maybe 2 minutes at the most.

It's a lot easier than having to calc pts based on HR, rbi, rs, h/bb, outs, & K.

Plus it assigns a real value to a hit based on a game situation vs just some arbitrary generalized value.

To calc the pitcher's you just have to look at the box score.

Nothing could be simpler.

:bang <- on PTC author's head

Guest hotsoxchick1

yeah i like the quick and easy way too.......that stuff looks too complicated to remember and i dont have time to be lookin s*** up each and ever game...lol............just leave it at the hitters.. all but loz on the pitching staff suck anyhow and arent worth clicking............ :D lol

that stuff looks too complicated to remember

Hitters:

Pitchers:

If that is too much to remember or too complex, you need help ;)

IN other words I have to go dig through the play by play of each game and figure out even if someone made an out if they moved someone up and how far they moved up on each hit. I would have to cross reference every single AB in the game that occured with someone on. Plus I would have to note how many outs there were when something happened. How is that easier? Right now all I need is in the box score.

You're kidding about this being easier right?

Hitters:

Examples:

An RBI hit = min 2 pt

An RBI out = min 1 pt

Pitchers:

Examples:

Ex 5/17/2003

:bang  <- on PTC author for not letting me pick Garland on Sat

Time trial for 5/16/03.

Start time: 2:16pm

arms:

MB 10 - 12 - 10 = -12

RW 5 - 9 = -4

GG 6 - 7 = -1

DS 3 - 3 -3 = -3

End time: 2:19pm

Start time: 2:21pm

bats:

MO: 1

CL:3+3+1 = 7

JC: 1+1

SA: 1+2

DJ: 1

FT: 2

WH: 1

JV: 4

Winner: Lee

End time: 2:24pm

About 6 min to add it up. I'll be more than happy to do it when you can't.

that stuff looks too complicated to remember

Hitters:

Pitchers:

If that is too much to remember or too complex, you need help ;)

You're kidding about this being easier right?

This is so easy when you think of it as a procedure:

Step 1: cut & paste game log into soxtalk post.

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/gameLog?ga...ameId=230515104

Step 2: cut any inning non-SOX & all outs

Step 3: add up the pts per inning

-Bottom of the 2nd inning

-M Ordonez reached on infield single to second. =1

-C Lee doubled to deep left, M Ordonez to third. = 4

-P Konerko walked. = 1

-J Crede grounded into double play, shortstop to second to first, M Ordonez scored, P Konerko out at second, C Lee to third. =2

-M Olivo walked. = 1

-F Thomas homered to left center. = 4

-C Lee walked. =1

CHICAGO SOX 5TH

-Bottom of the 5th inning

-D Jimenez reached on infield single to second. = 1

-F Thomas singled to left center, D Jimenez to second. = 2

CHICAGO SOX 6TH

-P Konerko walked. = 1

CHICAGO SOX 7TH

-W Harris singled to right. = 1

-D Jimenez walked, W Harris to second. = 2

-J Valentin walked, W Harris to third, D Jimenez to second. = 3

-F Thomas walked, W Harris scored, D Jimenez to third, J Valentin to second. = 4

-M Ordonez tripled to right center, D Jimenez, J Valentin and F Thomas scored. = 9

-C Lee singled to right center, M Ordonez scored. =2

-P Konerko doubled to left center, C Lee scored. = 4

CHICAGO SOX 8TH

-F Thomas walked. = 1

-M Ordonez hit by pitch, F Thomas to second. = 2

Step 4: add the totals

MO: 1

CL: 4+1+2

PK: 1 +1+4

JC: 2

MO: 1+9+2

FT: 4 +2+4+1

DJ: 1+2

WH: 1

JV: 3

Step 5: declare a PTC bat winner

MO: 12

Step 6: calc arm PTC winner from box score

http://baseball.espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?g...ameId=230515104

B. Colon (W, 4-3) 8 5 2 2 1 5 1 88-59 3.98 = 24 -5 -2 -1 = 16

K. Wunsch 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 8-7 0.00 = 3

Step 7: declare an PTC arm winner

BC: 16

Step 8: declare a PTC game winner

BC: 16

It took about 3 mins to do the calcs & about 5 mins to type all this.

My way takes less than a damn minute. There is no way I am going to dig through game logs and take god damn notes about who moved where, when, and how. It is pointless and complex. You have been f***ing nitpicking at this for 3 goddamned months now, and I have no more patience for it. Once again if you are so damn convinced that your way is so much better feel free to put together your own contest and keep track of everything that you b**** about this contest not doing.

The whole point is it is supposed to be simple. It is the samething I have said all year, and you if still don't want to listen to me. :fyou

My way takes less than a damn minute.  There is no way I am going to dig through game logs and take god damn notes about who moved where, when, and how.  It is pointless and complex.  You have been f***ing nitpicking at this for 3 goddamned months now, and I have no more patience for it.  Once again if you are so damn convinced that your way is so much better feel free to put together your own contest and keep track of everything that you b**** about this contest not doing.

The whole point is it is supposed to be simple.  It is the samething I have said all year, and you if still don't want to listen to me. :fyou

:fyou. There is no way it takes you only a a minute to calculate the PTC based on your system for a game like the balt more one when the SOX won 8-2. And now since I've created a MUCH better OBJECTIVE scoring system I think we all should strive for perfection once in a while.

My way takes less than a damn minute.  There is no way I am going to dig through game logs and take god damn notes about who moved where, when, and how.  It is pointless and complex.  You have been f***ing nitpicking at this for 3 goddamned months now, and I have no more patience for it.  Once again if you are so damn convinced that your way is so much better feel free to put together your own contest and keep track of everything that you b**** about this contest not doing.

The whole point is it is supposed to be simple.  It is the samething I have said all year, and you if still don't want to listen to me. :fyou

:fyou. There is no way it takes you only a a minute to calculate the PTC based on your system for a game like the balt more one when the SOX won 8-2. And now since I've created a MUCH better OBJECTIVE scoring system I think we all should strive for perfection once in a while.

Perfection? Dude what do you think that this is? An invastion plan for Syria? It is supposed to be a fun contest. The simplicity of it, is so that anyone who participates can take a real quick look at the box score and see how their player did on any given day. The whole point of the system is to be user friendly, not to be the blueprint for quantitative analysis of a game. Call it arbitrary if you like, but I haven't heard anyone else complain about it.

Perfection? Dude what do you think that this is? An invastion plan for Syria? It is supposed to be a fun contest. The simplicity of it, is so that anyone who participates can take a real quick look at the box score and see how their player did on any given day. The whole point of the system is to be user friendly, not to be the blueprint for quantitative analysis of a game. Call it arbitrary if you like, but I haven't heard anyone else complain about it.

I really don't think most people do the PTC scoring themselves when they play. They leave that up to you. The fun is just picking a PTC based on whatever reasoning one decides to use & then 1) rooting for your PTC in the game, 2) seeing how you match up with the competition.

I've decided on the days I'm watching the game, I'll do the scoring as the game unfolds. But on the days I don't I'll just defer to you. Where still keeping it objective but the difference is 1 is both a qualatative & quantative system & the other is just quantative. :usa

Guest hotsoxchick1
I really don't think most people do the PTC scoring themselves when they play.

umm yeah when i play i sure do.. and its alot like the way 2k does it.. quick and easy...........thats why i said i dont have time enough to go diggin through bunch of s*** to figure out how my guy did ....lol..............

Guest hotsoxchick1
Wow. I never thought that this was such a big deal.

i dont think its a big deal.. i just like it in simple terms..... lol........

umm yeah when i play i sure do.. and its alot like the way 2k does it.. quick and easy...........thats why i said i dont have time enough to go diggin through bunch of s*** to figure out how my guy did ....lol..............

Oh but you do have the time to follow the game as it unfolds ... :lol:

Guest hotsoxchick1

hey i only care about my pick.. and yea im watchin the damn game why shouldnt i keep up with what my pick is doing.. and i dont need to write it down on paper like your method...........geez us.. simple..... keep it simple......or else you loose everyones interest.............its only for fun anyhow so who the hell cares.................

hey i only care about my pick.. and yea im watchin the damn game why shouldnt i keep up with what my pick is doing.. and i dont need to write it down on paper like your method...........geez us.. simple..... keep it simple......or else you loose everyones interest.............its only for fun anyhow so who the hell cares.................

:rolleyes: simple system for simple minds I guess. No matter how inaccurate it is.

There you go John. I personally couldn't have said it better.

Nowhere Man

(Lennon/McCartney)

He's a real nowhere Man,

Sitting in his Nowhere Land,

Making all his nowhere plans

for nobody.

Doesn't have a point of view,

Knows not where he's going to,

Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man, please listen,

You don't know what you're missing,

Nowhere Man, the world is at your command.

He's as blind as he can be,

Just sees what he wants to see,

Nowhere Man can you see me at all?

Nowhere Man, don't worry,

Take your time, don't hurry,

Leave it all till somebody else

lends you a hand.

Doesn't kave a point of view,

Knows not where he's going to,

Isn't he a bit like you and me?

Nowhere Man, please listen,

You don't know what you're missing,

Nowhere Man, the world is at your command.

He's a real Nowhere Man,

Sitting in his Nowhere Land,

Making all his nowhere plans for nobody

Making all his nowhere plans for nobody

Making all his nowhere plans for nobody.