"Ugly Dog" dead at age of 14

Balta1701

I can't vouch for its health--obviously it was well enough to live 14 years, but didn't it appear to be in extreme agony? Tumor (I assume) near the owners left hand, cataracts, loss of fur and teeth--thankfully it doesn't have to be an exhibit anymore.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Nov 22, 2005 -> 11:31 PM)
I can't vouch for its health--obviously it was well enough to live 14 years, but didn't it appear to be in extreme agony? Tumor (I assume) near the owners left hand, cataracts, loss of fur and teeth--thankfully it doesn't have to be an exhibit anymore.

I think that is the look of this (ugh) purebred line. I agree with you, that these things have obviously crossed the fine line between purebred and just inbred.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Nov 23, 2005 -> 02:18 AM)
So...it appears that this "Dog" has finally passed away.

story.uglydog.ap.jpg

I know not what else to say.

From the article, pure comedy:

Lockheed said she was initially terrified of the dog when she agreed to take him in as a rescue six years ago on a 48-hour trial basis. Although she fell in love with him, his appearance repulsed her then-boyfriend and prompted the man to break up with her.