Sox Double-Play 27-Game Plan

Balance

So, I just pulled the trigger and sent in a deposit for 2 tickets in the Lower Reserved sections. I chose the Double-play (weekend game) plan. Hopefully, they'll be calling me soon to work out the specifics.

For you season ticket holders, have you used the White Sox Ticket Exchange before? It seems like a good way to sell unused season tickets. Never having been a season ticket holder before, I've heard the horror stories of someone selling their tickets to someone they don't know, the buyer acting like a jerk at the game, and costing the seller their season tickets for the rest of the year. Would you be on the hook for that if you sold your tickets through the White Sox Ticket Exchange?

Looking forward to seeing lots of games in 2006!

Edited by Balance

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:37 PM)
FWIW, lots of people sell their extra tickets through here and have had tons of success doing so.  We actually set up an areas specifically for stuff like that if you are interested.  Its the swapmeet board towards the bottom of the mainpage on Soxtalk if you are interested.

I'm definitely going to look into that, too. I just don't want to be in a situation where I sell tickets to someone that I don't know, and that person turns out to be William Ligue, Jr. :bang

I'm glad someone brought this up, because I'm also a new season ticket holder (had an Ozzie Plan last year) with a 27-gamer, and have questions about Ticket Exchange.

Specifically, we took the weeknight plan (Hit and Run). Ultimately, I'd like to get tickets to a handful of weekend games too. Ideally, I'd like to just trade with some other season ticket holder. My ticket rep there is a way to do this - a list of exchangeable dates that gets published sometime in March or so.

Anyone familiar with that process? And how it worked last year? Is it relatively easy to do the ticket-trade thing? Is it better to just try to sell sets and then buy new ones individually?

Thanks in advance for any help!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 03:35 PM)
Ticket exchange=stub hub.  Overpriced way to get tickets.  You are better off calling the ticket hotline and ordering for face value.

I was concerned that might be the case.

There is also the thing referred to on the Sox website as "Season Ticket Exchange Dates", which my rep said was a list of games you could trade your tickets for, 1-for-1, that gets decided on in March sometime. I am hoping I can just take advantage of that for a couple games.

Anyone ever use that feature? Were the games any good last year that fell into that group?

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)

There is also the thing referred to on the Sox website as "Season Ticket Exchange Dates", which my rep said was a list of games you could trade your tickets for, 1-for-1, that gets decided on in March sometime.  I am hoping I can just take advantage of that for a couple games.

Anyone ever use that feature?  Were the games any good last year that fell into that group?

If you have lower bowl, you exchange it for upper deck. Being a huge WS snob, I dont do upper deck so it has been worthless to me. The best feature is the hotline and being able to get super premium tickets whenever you want.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 02:44 PM)

There is also the thing referred to on the Sox website as "Season Ticket Exchange Dates", which my rep said was a list of games you could trade your tickets for, 1-for-1, that gets decided on in March sometime.  I am hoping I can just take advantage of that for a couple games.

Anyone ever use that feature?  Were the games any good last year that fell into that group?

I have the weekend plan, when you get your tickets, you get a form that has the exchange dates on it. The thing is you can't exchange tickets until the game you have tickets for is played. So if you have tickets for a game in April that you can't go to, you send them in with the form for a game later in the year. Although you have to pay something for the tickets for the new game, I don't remember how much though.

QUOTE(LauraJ14 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:28 PM)
I have the weekend plan,  when you get your tickets,  you get a form that has the exchange dates on it.  The thing is you can't exchange tickets until the game you have tickets for is played.  So if you have tickets for a game in April that you can't go to,  you send them in with the form for a game later in the year.  Although you have to pay something for the tickets for the new game,  I don't remember how much though.

I think we're talking about different things.

I was looking at the Sox website, and there's something called the White Sox Ticket Exchange (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/ticket_exchange.jsp) which allows season ticket holders to sell some of their season tickets online.

Then, there was what you're talking about, which is if you don't use one of your tickets, and don't sell it to anyone, you can exchange the unused ticket for an upper-deck ticket to a future game.

Maybe they need to change the name of one program, since it's sort of confusing.

QUOTE(Balance @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
I think we're talking about different things.

I was looking at the Sox website, and there's something called the White Sox Ticket Exchange (https://secure.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/ticketing/ticket_exchange.jsp) which allows season ticket holders to sell some of their season tickets online.

Then, there was what you're talking about, which is if you don't use one of your tickets, and don't sell it to anyone, you can exchange the unused ticket for an upper-deck ticket to a future game.

Maybe they need to change the name of one program, since it's sort of confusing.

Yes they are different things. She was responding to my post about the unused ticket trade-in thing (called Season Ticket Exchange Date on the website), so she was on-track with that. I actually asked about both things earlier in the thread.

QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 05:56 PM)
Yes they are different things.  She was responding to my post about the unused ticket trade-in thing (called Season Ticket Exchange Date on the website), so she was on-track with that.  I actually asked about both things earlier in the thread.

Indeed, that is true.

So, does anyone know the answer to my original question? If I were to sell a pair of tickets on the White Sox Ticket Exchange, this means I don't know who the buyer is. If that buyer turns out to be some drunken idiot who starts a fight in the stands, am I going to be held responsible? I can't imagine that I would, given that the Sox' website seems not to allow us to screen who buys the tickets. But I want to make sure I don't put myself in a position where I have to trust someone I have never met not to cost me my season tickets.

QUOTE(FGarcia34 @ Dec 5, 2005 -> 06:58 PM)
I also ordered the Hit & Run plan and I was wondering what other perks we get now that we're season ticket holders?

BTW, I bought 3 seats Section 534 Row 7, where is everyone else?  :gosox3:

350 row 4