UPDATE: Tejada never wanted trade

Frank the Tank 35

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
LOL...ya I kinda figured so.

It will take a hell of a lot more than Garland and Uribe, I'll say that for sure. 

I think, with the exception of potentially another LH reliever, and a bunch of ST invites and NRI's, the Sox are pretty much done for the winter.

wasn't it tejada that Palmeiro said injected him with the steroids ?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(forrestg @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 07:19 PM)
wasn't it tejada that Palmeiro said injected him with the steroids ?

Tejada admits he gave Palmeir a B-12 vitamin shot, but says that he had it checked out by MLB first and MLB said it was clean. Believe who you will. I don't know if I believe either of them.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
The WaPo reported that there was an enormous amount of tension in the O's clubhouse last year, including players who were set to go to florida for Burnett, and specifically tension between Sosa and Tejada.  That's at least something.

That is true and I heard that but if Sammy Sosa is the only confirmed guy, with Sosa's histroy, its hardly an indictment of Tejada

Not to bust anyone's bubble, but this has Red Sox written all over it. They just traded their starting SS for a third base prospect and now all of a sudden the best SS in baseball wants to be traded. Maybe its just me but if he wants out of Baltimore, hes going to jet straight for them other Sox.

QUOTE(FGarcia34 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Not to bust anyone's bubble, but this has Red Sox written all over it.  They just traded their starting SS for a third base prospect and now all of a sudden the best SS in baseball wants to be traded.  Maybe its just me but if he wants out of Baltimore, hes going to jet straight for them other Sox.

The O's would trade him to Boston?!? :huh:

I think not!

QUOTE(FGarcia34 @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:08 PM)
Not to bust anyone's bubble, but this has Red Sox written all over it.  They just traded their starting SS for a third base prospect and now all of a sudden the best SS in baseball wants to be traded.  Maybe its just me but if he wants out of Baltimore, hes going to jet straight for them other Sox.

why would the O's trade him to a team in their own division? doesn't make sense...

I have followed the O's a lot with them being my first team I rooted for as a kid and I don't blame Tejada one bit for wanting to leave he came to Baltimore a part of so called rebuilding program with a promise to improve each year when really they have fallen apart each year. Rotoworld mentioned the O's trying to be competitive because of there offer to Pauly but they still have not made one credible offer to help fix that pitching staff, Rotoworld also mentions that Leo is coming and that he will solve all of the pitching problems well he would have to be god reincarnated for that to happen and also I remeber them saying that Ray Miller was going to save them last season. Also the O's have been clearing out the bad contracts of Albert Bell, Scott Erickson and Palmerio there 2006 Payroll would have been at 70 Million according to ESPN so they can't use the Texas excuse of not having the money because they do it is simply that King Peter is trying to pocket as much of the fans money as possible and until he is taken down it will continue.

Thanks for listening to my rant

Edited by BHAMBARONS

QUOTE(Fingish @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
why would the O's trade him to a team in their own division?  doesn't make sense...

Well if it means King Peter can grab a few extra dollars he will do it he has no care about winning it is all about making money for him at any expense.

you sign with the highest bidder and then demand a trade two years later? tough luck, tejada. what are you going to do if the red sox youth movement doesn't go as planned? are you going to want out of boston too?

i've never liked tejada as a person dating back to the derek lowe "crotch chop" incident, but he's a hell of a ballplayer. i just don't know if i want the red sox strengthening a pitching staff within the division to acquire him.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:30 PM)
you sign with the highest bidder and then demand a trade two years later?  tough luck, tejada.  what are you going to do if the red sox youth movement doesn't go as planned?  are you going to want out of boston too?

i've never liked tejada as a person dating back to the derek lowe "crotch chop" incident, but he's a hell of a ballplayer.  i just don't know if i want the red sox strengthening a pitching staff within the division to acquire him.

um he took less money to go to the Orioles. He never signed with the highest bidder.

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:35 PM)
oh, really fool?

yeah really moron. Another team had a higher offer. He liked the Orioles history or something like that.
Tejada, 27, is already a hit with the club. On Wednesday night, after taking his physical at the B&O Warehouse, Tejada heard music and socializing. It was the Orioles' employees Christmas party. Tejada said he wanted to meet some of his new "co-workers" and he proceeded to fraternize with employees and make a speech.

hot stove 2003 Baltimore, he said Thursday, was the place where he always wanted to be. When A's co-owner Steve Schott said last Spring Training that Tejada was too expensive to re-sign, the shortstop from Bani, Dominican Republic began looking at possible destinations for 2004. Baltimore was on the top of that list.

"The negotiations were not difficult because we wanted the same thing," Diego Benz, one of Tejada's representatives, said. "He wanted to be here. And they wanted him, so we were working toward a common goal. This is where he wanted to be all along."

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Dec 9, 2005 -> 12:38 AM)
The Cubs :bang  If you watch ESPN you swear they play on the east coast.

:lol: I mean this with all sincerity when I say that I've liked you a lot more since you got off your "Kenny Williams is evil" thing. Amazing what winning a World Series can do.

:lol:  I mean this with all sincerity when I say that I've liked you a lot more since you got off your "Kenny Williams is evil" thing.  Amazing what winning a World Series can do.

No I deserve it I owe alot of you guys/gals an Im sorry for being a jag off.. I was pissed off at the world last year and took it out on KW..Hell it was easy to do..Now even though things are still like s*** sometimes..no reason to come to an awesome place like this an piss u people off.. Over the past year I have learned alot from you kids!

Besides, we are all hear becuase of one thing, we love the Sox, so we can all get along as long as you understand OC is god!

QUOTE(redandwhite @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
whether he wanted to be there or not, he signed with the orioles who had the best offer on the table.

it's funny that tejada is viewed at as a leader.  i can't even imagine if he isn't traded, leading that young orioles roster, who he basically threw under a bus today.

how much do you want to bet that he comes out and says he was misquoted.

QUOTE(White Sox Josh @ Dec 8, 2005 -> 11:58 PM)
no it doesn't.

well that only jacks his value up a ton since he can't cherry pick teams and handcuff the O's.

I don't know though, this will be interesting, but I wouldn't be shocked if they kind of kiss and make up for awhile then trade him at the deadline.