Amputee vet running to replace Hyde in Congress

Mercy!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kind of saying that.  I wish it weren't true, but I'm saying that indirectly.

I'm sure we can dredge up some Republican crap of the same sort of thing.  After all, they are a "party of fear".

PLEASE. Speak for yourself. :angry: I've never said that. I don't see anyone saying that here. God, these generalities!

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
PLEASE.  Speak for yourself.  :angry: I've never said that.  I don't see anyone saying that here.  God, these generalities!

I wasn't saying you did. My fault for implying that by quoting your post.

But it is implied throughout the SLaP forum in some more subtle ways.

Edited by kapkomet

QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 04:42 PM)
Well she just announced her campaign two days ago. That will come. It's a track record that's better than most before they run for public office.

George Bush was a failed oil man and minority partner in the Texas Rangers.

Bill Frist was a Doctor and owned part of HCA.

Arnold Schwarzenegger was a bodybuilder and a (bad) actor.

Ted Kennedy was the brother of John and Robert.

Jon Corzine ran Goldman Sachs.

Frank Lautenberg founded ADP.

If those are track records worthy, I'd say that hers is right up there.

The amount of stuff you'd have to study and know and understand to effectively put together community service programs in the developing world would definitely qualify you for public office.

lol

I don't know if i would use that list to argue that unqualified people should be in public office.

Hmm I exepect more.  I figured you would be the one to look past politics, I guess not.  I'll have to remember that for your future outrages against injustice.

I have no idea what you're saying. She's running for a political office. Why would I look past politics? The post you responded to was simple and straightforward, but you didn’t speak to a SINGLE point in it.

As for your last personal snarky comment - I don’t know what you mean there, either. And I don’t know why you feel the need to continue to do that in every response you make to me. You’d have a stroke if I did that to you. Why don’t you quit it now? It's gone on long enough.

QUOTE(Mercy! @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 06:19 PM)
I have no idea what you're saying. She's running for a political office.  Why would I look past politics?  The post you responded to was simple and straightforward, but you didn’t speak to a SINGLE point in it.

As for your last personal snarky comment - I don’t know what you mean there, either.  And I don’t know why you feel the need to continue to do that in every response you make to me.  You’d have a stroke if I did that to you.  Why don’t you quit it now?  It's gone on long enough.

I figured you were above politics. Usually you are the one person in there defending the little man against exploitation. It was a compliment until I discovered the truth today.

And I have to laugh at you complaining about snarky comments. You're entire SLaP exsistance has been looking down at everyone else you don't agree with. There is a bit of irony when you gag on your own medicine. Maybe if you quit talking down to other people, I wouldn't feel the overbearing desire to give it right back to you. But as usual you know more than everyone so go ahead and tell me more about how I am wrong again...

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Dec 19, 2005 -> 01:28 PM)
Rex, look at the damn article that started this thread.  It MADE A POINT to talk about the amputee part.  If she's so damn good as a candidate, why even talk about it?  Ohhhh, because they have to so that she's more appealing.  Come on.  It's too obvious.

And I'm not trying to mock her.  I appreciate what she's sacrificed.  But she was 100% recruited on appeal, not her beliefs.

Kap believes what he reads in the biased newspapers? That's a switch. The GOP only picked Bush because he was religious. Let's find some articles that lead with that. Nope, The GOP only picked Bush because his Daddy was President, let's find an article about that.

I can't believe y'all think the Dem party, or the GOP for that matter, would think that just finding a vet without legs will win an election. Each seat is important, too important not to try and find the ideal candidate to win the election. If she can't articulate, can't debate, can't demonstrate the skills to win, they aren't going to spend the money to try and get her elected.

And a big part of both parties natinal and local organizations is to seek out and recruit qualified candidates. Do you really think both parties just wait and see who raises their hand to run? Besides fundraising it's the most important fuction the parties do.