Do you love the Sox and bowling?

dmbjeff

Hey all, tonight I stopped by the St. Charles Bowling alley in St. Charles(I normally bowl in DeKalb) and first thing I see in the pro shop is a White Sox WS Champs bowling ball. I go nuts, I think it's amazing. So, I head into the pro shop and the guy tells me, yeah, these are limited edition and only 500 were made. They then told me that they were lucky enough to recieve 60 of them. So I waste no time and pull out my money and order one right there on the spot. It's made by Brunswick and its a "Viz-a Ball",i.e. plastic, wont hook for a damn, just good for throwing at spares and what not. I then put in a google search for the ball and only came up with a Daily Southtown article http://www.dailysouthtown.com/southtown/dsindex/18-ds3.htm on it that says another location also had these as well. So I just wanted to share my awesome find and if anyone else out there on SoxTalk bowls or just wants to get a ball to put up over their bar or mantle, check it out.

Damn, St. Charles Bowl?!?

I grew up in St. Charles. I'm actually here right now, flying back to LA tomorrow. I think I had at least one birthday party there, and attended more than a few. Talk about a blast from the past.

QUOTE(dmbjeff @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
thats the ball, its pretty.....hopefully it helps me pick up the dreaded 10 pin

me too!!!!!!!!!! I hate that f***in pin. I either go in the gutter or hook by it. I probably get it 2 out of 10 times. It's the biggest fault in my game.

That is a sweet looking ball. Where is the pic from?

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 01:15 PM)
dmbjeff How much is it at St. Charles Bowl??

CC, we bowl there in a league and get a discount. If you really want it I'll let you know when we're there and you can meet us and buy it with our discount if you want.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 02:25 PM)
I called Fox Bowl in Wheaton and it's $149 with drilling included.  I'm going to tell them about St Charles price and see if they honor it.  The place in Chicago is $139 too.  Fricken Fox Bowl trying to rip peeps off!!!!!!!!

well im paying 150 for it actually with tax, so just make sure the 149 is with tax already included