Buehrle delivers, with happy returns

greasywheels121

QUOTE(Jake @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 01:35 AM)
I throw a bit more unconventional change-up, a circle change with the arm/wrist action you might expect from a screwball. It has nasty movement, and still spins like a fastball. The single hardest pitch I ever had to learn to throw though.

Sounds like a sweet pitch. Only really awkward pitch I have is the submarine Shingo-style slider. But I have the regular 3-finger grip on the change-up from 3/4.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 11:41 PM)
The rotator-cuff exercise thingymajig?

jband.jpg

Yeah...that's it...or a version of it. I have to do alot anymore...I really screwed up my rotator or labrum playing out here still. But those things are awesome IMO.

QUOTE(Wanne @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 01:47 AM)
Yeah...that's it...or a version of it.  I have to do alot anymore...I really screwed up my rotator or labrum playing out here still.  But those things are awesome IMO.

Never used one of the bands. I use the handle of my Total Gym and do simulated pitching motions to strengthen my rotator cuff.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Dec 28, 2005 -> 11:38 PM)
Sounds like a sweet pitch. Only really awkward pitch I have is the submarine Shingo-style slider. But I have the regular 3-finger grip on the change-up from 3/4.

Every once in a while I drop submarine and throw a two seamer just to keep em thinking. Pitching is a very fun and challenging task.

QUOTE(Jake @ Dec 29, 2005 -> 02:25 AM)
Every once in a while I drop submarine and throw a two seamer just to keep em thinking. Pitching is a very fun and challenging task.

Definitely. It's such a rush for me. I remember last season I gave up the 1st homerun of my life on a change-up on the outside corner. It was a fricking bomb. Left the field and went over the street and on to the roof of an apartment. I was amazed. I couldn't do anything but laugh. I proceeded to strike out the side that inning and when I got into the dugout, the team was astounded at how I wasn't fazed by the HR. I'll always remember that because he beat me on an almost unhittable pitch. Pitching = teh s***!