YoFu

I was looking at YoFu's numbers (a reliever for Birmingham) and have concluded that the guy is the greatest reliever in the Sox orginization.

Are his numbers the best? Yes

Does he have the most talent? No

Does he have a big money name? c'mon fricken Yofu, of course.

Anyway, before this season I had never heard of this guy and now his era is .58...where the hell did he come from? Did we draft him? How long has he been around? Him and our old friend Royce are tearing up AA. I hope this duo continues to dominate for years to come.

Guest hotsoxchick1

you may want to check with old roman on the fact that yofu is a reliever... he seems to think hes a short stop............. :D

Guest hotsoxchick1
Roman's post was an instant classic....ROTFLMAO

lol i had to double take it .. i thought i read it wrong the first time..i didnt realize anyone could be that silly enough to think, after all the talkin we have done about yofu, he would be a short stop..........i was like wtf??? lol it was funny.....guess ya had to be there....... :D

I have to admit, I liked the White pick up when it happened. But this guy can't get anyone out. I think we need to cut our loses on this particular pitcher. We have too much young relief talent in the minors to let this continue.

Catch is, Yofu is a starter now, not a reliever. Has started his last three outings, including tonight where he got roughed up a bit (4 ER in 6 IP). His ERA before tonight was 1.67 and rose to 2.45 after tonight.

Yofu is an excellent pitcher and has a good chance of pitching effectively in the Majors. He is 29 as Cerbaho said, so he is not your typical prospect. He was a lucky find, who played in Tawain and Japan before coming here.

His last start in Birmingham, he reached 93 a couple of times on the radar gun, but doesn't throw his fastball enough. He has such an impressive array of offspeed pitches that he can throw for strikes that he tends to neglect a very high quality fastball.

Even though he is starting, he could end up back in the bullpen with the Sox, or he could surprise as a starter. He is the pitcher on the Barons closest to the Majore Leagues right now, albeit not with the highest ceiling.

I have to admit, I liked the White pick up when it happened.  But this guy can't get anyone out.  I think we need to cut our loses on this particular pitcher.  We have too much young relief talent in the minors to let this continue.

Shouldn't that have been in green, Yas??

I think you missed the [/b]White part and thought he was refering to Yofu.

No... two posts before mine, Heather went off about White sucking. I said that I liked the pickup when we got him, but it hasn't worked out and to cut our losses. No sarcasm in that comment at all.

I have to admit, I liked the White pick up when it happened.  But this guy can't get anyone out.  I think we need to cut our loses on this particular pitcher.  We have too much young relief talent in the minors to let this continue.

Try to send Rick White back to St Louis for anything and call up Matt Ginter.

No... two posts before mine, Heather went off about White sucking.  I said that I liked the pickup when we got him, but it hasn't worked out and to cut our losses.  No sarcasm in that comment at all.

I know, I think Rex thought you were talking about Yofu not being able to get guys out, when you were actually talking about White.

No... two posts before mine, Heather went off about White sucking.  I said that I liked the pickup when we got him, but it hasn't worked out and to cut our losses.  No sarcasm in that comment at all.

Dumbass me thought you were making a sarcastic comment about Yofu. Missed the White reference somehow. It was after an 18 hour work day yesterday so cut me a little slack, will you? :)

Guest hotsoxchick1
Dumbass me thought you were making a sarcastic comment about Yofu.  Missed the White reference somehow.  It was after an 18 hour work day yesterday so cut me a little slack, will you?  :)

whats the matter rex.. having a carlos lee day???????? ;)