Recruiting Thread

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Illini added another commit in 6'4'' 292 lb. Ryan Sedlacek (Guard/Center) from Connecticut.

And although it happened like two days ago, I didn't see Ashante Williams' commitment mentioned on here. He's a 5'10'' 190 lb. CB from Ohio that has great size and speed. Fits perfectly what Illinois is looking for at the CB spot. Here's a pic of him. He's pretty jacked for a high school CB.

Btw, look who's in the background.

F291242.jpg

Michigan picks up two commitments today. WR Daryl Stonum from Houston, TX and QB John Weinke from Illinois. Stonum is a highly rated WR and Weinke's stock has been soaring after excelling at several camp stops. He's rated as the #17 QB, yet has recently been invited to the Elite 11 QB camp, so look for his stock to continue to climb.

Stonum is a huge get for Michigan. Next up should be Texas RB Sam McGuffie, who visited Ann Arbor this weekend.

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 1, 2007 -> 11:54 PM)
Next up should be Texas RB Sam McGuffie, who visited Ann Arbor this weekend.

Did he really like his visit that much? I heard Michigan is in the lead, but that he wasn't going to commit anytime soon. The Rivals reporter for Mich did a pretty s***ty article in regards to his visit; it was really bland, didn't give anything away and said the same old stuff that every article says, "He enjoyed his visit." It didn't really elaborate besides that. With that being said, the guy is a stud from what I've seen in the videos. He also has some awesome stats.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 11:50 AM)
There's a lot of chatter that McGuffie is a Michigan silent and is just playing the recruiting game.

Cool, thanks man. Aggie or Wolverine, I don't care; he'll be a fun guy to watch.

McGuffie just went back to Texas today. His visit was not complete when that article was written, so it was just a tease. Rumors have it that he will be silent no longer and will commit to the Wolverines soon, as early as this weekend.

He has family in Michigan, so Michigan is close to home in a 1,500 mile sort of way. I figure if he changes his mind, he will likely do so and stay near home and play for Texas A&M. Either way, I think your boys at Warchant got it wrong and his recruitment will end sooner than later, as they predicted.

Let's just hope he heads north!

QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ Jul 2, 2007 -> 09:41 PM)
McGuffie just went back to Texas today. His visit was not complete when that article was written, so it was just a tease. Rumors have it that he will be silent no longer and will commit to the Wolverines soon, as early as this weekend.

He has family in Michigan, so Michigan is close to home in a 1,500 mile sort of way. I figure if he changes his mind, he will likely do so and stay near home and play for Texas A&M. Either way, I think your boys at Warchant got it wrong and his recruitment will end sooner than later, as they predicted.

Let's just hope he heads north!

Nah, I wasnt referring to a warchant article, I never thought we were seriously in the running for him. Like I said I just read that one article from the Michigan guy and wanted to see if you guys had some more info. My friend that goes to Michigan was also clueless when I asked him, so I figured I'd try to figure it out. I'm not really big on going the National Board on their network because there's just way too much bickering, so I figured I would come here and ask.

I can't believe people still knock this kid though. His videos are so impressive, he obviously has the skill, and he has the mind-blowing numbers to back it up. I hate to say it because I don't want to start a whole argument...but is it because he's white?

QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 09:31 AM)
Glenn Foster commits to the Illini--yet another outstanding athlete at a defensive position...whom also happens to be teammates with Mr. Filer.

Well done, Zooker.

Foster is a good get, but Filer is down to tOSU and ND so this has no relevance in that regard.

because I don't want to start a whole argument...but is it because he's white?

You know it. Hard to argue against it either. Can you rememeber the last big-time white RB? Last one I can think of was named Luke and went to BYU I believe. I can't even remember his last name now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 03:06 PM)
Foster is a good get, but Filer is down to tOSU and ND so this has no relevance in that regard.

I know I'm being the optimist here, but in all fairness, Filer said that those two schools were his Top 2 right now, but not his final 2. The longer he waits to commit, the better for Illinois to get in the picture.

QUOTE(greasywheels121 @ Jul 9, 2007 -> 05:31 PM)
Would anyone be opposed to us starting a new Recruiting Thread? This one's really been bogging down. We'll post a link to this one at the start of the new one.

Not at all...