Joey Cora on the radio

TLAK

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jan 8, 2006 -> 06:53 AM)
Eh they just played a full season and than played a couple more months after that.... And now they only getting a couple months off b4 having to go back... I dont blame them 1 bit....

I thought the problem was that Owens never told anybody he was leaving, but just kind of left. I don't care that he left, but I think it's ridiculous that someone would leave the team without giving much, if any notice. That speaks to a man's character. Of course he's also very young, and probably had an agent in his ear.

I was reading Phil Rogers article about Corey Patterson this morning, and this quote stuck out to me

Patterson, who had hit .221 in 59 big-league games in 2001, was handed a job in 2002. Baylor saw a player who didn't know how to use his tools and wouldn't work hard to learn.

"When you go to winter ball (as Patterson did in 2001) and come home after half a season it shows you didn't want to go in the first place," Baylor said. "That doesn't say much for your desire."

:ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: