Duke's Rankings

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 05:49 PM)
If theyre eligible I list em for future ranks.

Syndney Rice is on there too, its just kinda a watch on the futures.  Theres a lot of incoming Jr's on that list.

Bret Meyer is not a #2 NFL draft QB prospect.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 05:52 PM)
By traditional standards.. no.

But you throw that talent into the right NFL coach and you have a stud.  He'll get some attention when ISU wins the Big 12.

Now you've lost me.

He's not gonna have the chance with TTU, UT and OU on the schedule.

Now you've lost me.

He's not gonna have the chance with TTU, UT and OU on the schedule.

Tennessee?!

They lose Sirmon, Haralson, Allen and Maholena off that defense. The lose Riggs on O, and who the hell is Eric Ainge? If I had to do the top 30 QB's for 2007 right now.. he'd struggle to make the list.

OU is decent, they came on last with Peterson and Bomar.. theyre beatable. They probably lose than game to Oregon if Oregon has Clemens (I sound like a USC fan now talking about how they dont have a cupcake conference), but thats looking too far into it.

Kentucky is good this year too, Andre Goodman will impress next year and Micah Johnson is a stud.. thats somebody to watch out for.

I try pretty hard not to listen to what idiot sports writers are paid off to say or at least not take it to heart. Just form your own opinions on s***.. youre right a lot more often that way. (Tennessee at #3 or what was it at the beginning of the year? Thats a joke)

No.

Texas, Texas Tech, Oklahoma

Losing 60% of the OLine and Vince Young isnt going to be good.

Theyll have solid running game with Ramonce Taylor and Selmon Young, but whos going to be getting the ball to Limas Sweed now?

I have questions about Texas.. they arent going to be as good last year as they were this year.. thats obvious.

For 2007, I do not see Darius Walker of Notre Dame coming out early. I am not certain he is that much of a pro prospect and he could use another year in school. More power to him if he proves me wrong this upcoming season.

Tom Zbikowski should be on those rankings speaking of ND. He's probably better than Reddick.

I'm going to go ahead and say what I've been thinking for a few days now. I don't want to say this is the greatest draft ever, but its the best draft I have have ever seen, since I've been following it in the mid-late 90's. Up and down the entire 1st round, you have players that have Pro-Bowl potential. The WR position is just average, but it even has a few guys that could make a nice impact and at the very least has some great return men in Skyler Green, Sinorice Moss, Jeremy Bloom, Willie Reid etc. You will see some freakish numbers being put up at the combines also, from guys like Vince, Bush, Mario Williams, Manny Lawson, Ernie Sims, Thomas Howard, Reggie McNeal etc.

Howard is still very raw for the LB position, he's only been playing there since his first year in college. He was a DB his high school career, until he grew into a LB at UTEP. He's from here in Lubbock, and was known as a nice safety prospect and was a very smart kid. He's got a very bright future at the LB position in the NFL as he gains experience, as he has the athleticism and the brains to make it happen, he just has to get enough repetitions that it becomes natural on his reads, instead of thinking about them. I've been following him for a while, since his departure from Lubbock, and his arrival at UTEP, my dad's alma mater. Jones is a nice player in his own right, and should be on people's charts next year as an OLB prospect.

Also, Howard didn't dissapear in all the big games, he led the team with 14 tackles against Houston in a win over ESPN 2. He pulled in 10 tackles against UAB. But he's not gonna get 100 tackles when his weakside linebacker is pulling in 130 tackles on the other side. He's raw, but he has all the talent and brains to become a star, he just needs a few more years of learning at the position while he destroys people on special teams.

QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Jan 11, 2006 -> 10:15 PM)
Rofl...your smoking more crack than Heads  :lol:

I'll be happy to win 6 games next year. The schedule is like 3 sure losses against the South, a probable loss at Iowa, and plenty of opportunities to f*** up Cyclone Style.

I've been watching Bret Meyer and Berryman for 2 years each. Berryman can play in the NFL. Meyer is overrated. If his passing develops a ton over the next two years, he could be a 3rd stringer in the NFL.

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 02:27 AM)
No Jeff Samardzija in 2007?????

samardzija is a really good pitcher for nd as well and most people think he'll choose to play pro baseball. he'll probably get drafted, though.

Howard is still very raw for the LB position, he's only been playing there since his first year in college. He was a DB his high school career, until he grew into a LB at UTEP. He's from here in Lubbock, and was known as a nice safety prospect and was a very smart kid. He's got a very bright future at the LB position in the NFL as he gains experience, as he has the athleticism and the brains to make it happen, he just has to get enough repetitions that it becomes natural on his reads, instead of thinking about them. I've been following him for a while, since his departure from Lubbock, and his arrival at UTEP, my dad's alma mater. Jones is a nice player in his own right, and should be on people's charts next year as an OLB prospect.

Also, Howard didn't dissapear in all the big games, he led the team with 14 tackles against Houston in a win over ESPN 2. He pulled in 10 tackles against UAB. But he's not gonna get 100 tackles when his weakside linebacker is pulling in 130 tackles on the other side. He's raw, but he has all the talent and brains to become a star, he just needs a few more years of learning at the position while he destroys people on special teams.

He's my #4 Safety. I think he's well suited for that position, I've talked to a big UTEP fan on another board and he really think Howard is better there too.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jan 12, 2006 -> 07:01 PM)
I LOVE JEFF SAMARDIZJA!!

If he came out this year he'd be my #1 WR.  But Rice and Johnson are both better than him.

Samardizja for 07 is sitting pretty around 30.

He went to my high school so obviously I'm gonna say he's the best reciever. I've never even heard of Rice or Johnson but I'm sure they can only bow down to Jeff. I only follow Big Ten and Notre Damn football.