free agent list

Mr. Showtime

Here Jason...

AMERICAN LEAGUE

BOSTON (5) — Carlos Baerga, dh; Cliff Floyd, of; Rickey Henderson, of; Rey Sanchez, 2b; Ugueth Urbina, rhp.

CLEVELAND (3) — Charles Nagy, rhp; Lee Stevens, 1b; Jim Thome, 1b.

DETROIT (1) — Juan Acevedo, rhp.

KANSAS CITY (4) — Luis Alicea, 2b; Paul Byrd, rhp; Roberto Hernandez, rhp; Chuck Knoblauch, of.

MINNESOTA (1) — Mike Jackson, rhp.

NEW YORK (5) — Alex Arias, 3b; Ron Coomer, 3b; Ramiro Mendoza, rhp; John Vander Wal, of; Robin Ventura, 3b.

OAKLAND (2) — David Justice, of; Greg Myers, c.

SEATTLE (5) — James Baldwin, rhp; Norm Charlton, lhp; Jamie Moyer, lhp; John Olerud, 1b; Ismael Valdes, rhp.

TAMPA BAY (1) — John Flaherty, c.

TEXAS (4) — Todd Hollandsworth, of; Ivan Rodriguez, c; Kenny Rogers, lhp; Rudy Seanez, rhp.

TORONTO (3) — Felix Heredia, lhp; Esteban Loaiza, rhp; Steve Parris, rhp.

NATIONAL LEAGUE

ARIZONA (7) — Brian Anderson, lhp; Jay Bell, inf; Greg Colbrunn, inf; Chris Donnels, inf; Steve Finley, of; Rick Helling, rhp; Armando Reynoso, rhp

ATLANTA (8) — Julio Franco, 1b; Tom Glavine, lhp; Chris Hammond, lhp; Albie Lopez, rhp; Greg Maddux, rhp; Dave Martinez, of; Mike Remlinger, lhp; B.J. Surhoff, of.

CHICAGO (2) — Jason Bere, rhp; Joe Girardi, c.

CINCINNATI (2) — Shawn Estes, lhp; Brian Moehler, rhp.

COLORADO (4) — Sandy Alomar Jr., c; Pete Harnisch, rhp; Terry Shumpert, 2b; z-Todd Zeile, 3b.

FLORIDA (2) — Tim Raines, of; Julian Tavarez, rhp.

HOUSTON (5) — Pedro Borbon, lhp; Tom Gordon, rhp; Mark Loretta, 3b; Dave Mlicki, rhp; Shane Reynolds, rhp.

LOS ANGELES (6) — Omar Daal, lhp; Marquis Grissom, of; Dave Hansen, 1b; Tyler Houston, 3b; Jesse Orosco, lhp; Jeff Reboulet, 2b.

MILWAUKEE (4) — Jorge Fabregas, c; Lenny Harris, of; Jose A. Hernandez, ss; Matt Stairs, of.

MONTREAL (3) — Wil Cordero, of; Andres Galarraga, 1b; Troy O'Leary, of.

NEW YORK (6) — Edgardo Alfonso, 3b; Jeff C. D'Amico, rhp; Mark Guthrie, lhp; Steve Reed, rhp; Steve Trachsel, rhp; John Valentin, ss.

PHILADELPHIA (7) — Terry Adams, rhp; Doug Glanville, of; Dave Hollins, 1b; Robert Person, rhp; Dan Plesac, lhp; Todd Pratt, c; Mike Timlin, rhp.

PITTSBURGH (4) — Mike Benjamin, 3b; Brian Boehringer, rhp; Keith Osik, c; Ron Villone, lhp.

ST. LOUIS (1) — Rick White, rhp.

SAN DIEGO (4) — Deivi Cruz, ss; Ron Gant, of; Tom Lampkin, c; Ray Lankford, of.

SAN FRANCISCO (3) — Shawon Dunston, of; Jeff Kent, 2b; Bill Mueller, 3b.

Well I'd like to see us bring in John Van Der Wall or Todd Hollandsworth to come off our bench. I think VanDer Wall may be too expensive, but maybe we could get Todd in here cheap.

Another guy I like is Lenny Harris off the bench, but he wouldn't be my first choice.

Steve Finley would be a sweet guy to pick up if he doesn't think he can play everyday anymore, but I don't think he'd leave the Dbacks.

Guest hotsoxchick1

just keep mulling over that list... its the only way youll ever see any of those names close to chicago is by being posted on the site..........kenny is going to pocket the money or sign a jamie navaro type to come help out pen if in fact he signs anyone at all..........pipe dreams guys ...... were not going to get one name off that list to come here .... espically now that they see how players get treated here...........

I like Mendoza a lot. He would be a good pickup but I think the Yankees love him. I'm guessing the Yanks will offer him some good money, but the guy has great stuff and as long as he's healthy he's an excellent pitcher.

The big question is whether he still has the stamina to start, since he's been in a relief role for so long.

I think we might be able to get Ken Griffy Jr. from the Reds. For a decent price, maybe 2 upper end pitching prospects. One starting pitcher and one relife pitcher.(not name Jon Rauch) along with Rowand and Jose Valentine.(I feel harris should get the playing time along with Jimenez) Meaning we only take on 6 million and can Ken Griffy Jr. Where he can play on natural grass. With us gaining a Vet. who lets face will get healthy, and will return to form give The sox a left handed bat that is still a force to be recon with. With a good glove. And that is all possible because he wants out of cinci, and i heard they want to get ride of him.

O Nevermind i forgot i'm a sox fan. That will never happen. What team would think of spending 6 mill on a center fielder. Little lone a pitcher..

Originally posted by soxfan420

(I feel harris should get the playing time along with Harris)

Asking someone to cover the entire middle infield is quite a tall order. Asking that of a mere rookie is just harsh! Shouldn't Harris have SOMEONE covering either SS or 2B so he doesn't have the entire middle infield to play? :D

It won't happen though. Although it is good thinking, but I don't think Griffey wants to come to the southside and I know cheap old JR isn't going to bring him here.

I like how it makes us strong in center, but it also makes us week in the infield cause we really don't know if Harris and Jimenez can cut it. I think Jimenez can but I have yet to see enough out of Harris to show me he's ready for the show.

I know one thing, if the Sox are going to pay a guy that type of money he's got to produce and stay healthy. We've had too many cursed signings these past 5 or 6 years where we give them big bucks and they fail.

Considering we never give someone big bucks, when we do give it, they got to come through.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by Cy Young Porzio

you know why we should not get griffey...because he sucks ass and is done, he has nothing left but for everyone to speculate on how great he was, probably one of the biggest let downs in the game

exactly.... what has griff done that was outstanding since he left seattle????? besides spend a few seasons on and off the dl??????? he aint coming here and further more why in the hell would you want him here?????? hes toast .. butter him and serve him with a side of eggs........