Favorite places to be

Soxplosion

Well, I do know we have some very traveled people on this board, myself included. So now Ive been wondering, out of all the places youve been, wheres your favorite place? Here are mine:

3) Washington DC- Beautiful city. Filled with history. The White House, the capitol (looking up the mall towards the capitol building is an extremely patriotic and beautiful sight). The Washington monument is awesome (Ive been to the top) and it looks kinda small at first but when you get up next to it it is huge. And the most beautiful thing in the city is Arlington cemetery. I love that place. Full of the greatest types of patriots and the white rows of graves are so very beautiful and they serve as a reminder of all the heros who have paid the ultimate price for the country they love...

2) Chicago- Yeah, some of you probably thought this would be number one, but in fact, its not even close. Ive always had a thing for tall buildings (which is why I was kinda unhappy in Europe) and obviously Chicago has quite a few of those. But my favorite place in the city is on the Southside. Its not my favorite place in the world but it is my favorite place in the city. Comiskey Park. I love the feeling as you look down at the field and see the players. You can see the expressway in the background and the projects behind that. I only wish the team that plays there would play a little better...

And NUMER ONE IS...

Hawai'i! I love this place. I havent been there since I was about eight but I go there in my head every single day. Im going there as soon as I graduate from high school and if I get my way Im going to the University of Hawai'i. When I retire, Im going to Hawai'i. To sum it up, every possible time I have the chance, Im going to Hawai'i. If you havent been there, its impossible to imagine its beauty. There are so many things to do. You can just watch as the sun sets over the islands, you can snorkel in Hanuma Bay, you can hang out on Waikiki Beach, you can see history at Pearl Harbor and the Arizona memorial. Ive been to Oahu and I think the other two were Maui and Kaui (sp). You can go to luaus which are really fun and you can do so much stuff. I can talk about Hawaii for hours. I cant wait to go back...

3)Brentwood/Santa Monica, CA....spent my summers there growing up. I love Dodger games, Magic Mountain, Bel Air Beach Club, promenade in SM, beaches everywhere

2)San Antonio, TX....I shouldn't have to explain...the place rocks...GO SPURS!!

1)Anywhere miss sox4life is.....(pre-emptive F you to you all....)

1. Lake George (upsate NY, hr away from albany, near the catskills)
Lake Saranac, NY....awesome awesome place

2.  Emerile Isle (best beach ive ever been to, in NC)
Nagg's head and the outer banks...great place

3. Gas City, Indiana............ok, not really

3. Chicago - Love going there every few years. Great city plus get to see some Sox games.

2. San Diego - Really nice down there; I also rank where I am in Orange County as #2. Hell, I like where I live; never do I have to get out and scrape ice off my windows or clear a driveway :)

1. Phoenix Arizona Area - I absolutely love going to the Phoenix area, mainly cause it means I'm at spring training. The weather is great, plenty of baseball, gorgeous women, and scottsdale, etc are real nice.

Lake Saranac, NY....awesome awesome place

Nagg's head and the outer banks...great place

3. Gas City, Indiana............ok, not really

Ive been to the Outter Banks before. Nice place but still doesnt come close to my number one, IMO...

LOL.  that might be on my list of places I would rather be dead than be in...

How come no one said Comiskey Park?  That is my fav.

Then Key West, South Padre Island, and Niagra Falls.

I said Chicago mainly because of Comiskey Park.

Ugh, right now Im so pissed because its not looking good that Ill be able to go to the University of Hawaii. No where else even compares to Hawaii but no one understand truly how I feel! Add on to that that I root for a crappy baseball team and I am not a happy guy... :angry:

Flynt, Michigan.

Plenty of very patriotic and American sights.

Sarcasm is there, right? That place has more boarded up houses than any other per square mile, and it's ranked in the top 10 worst places to live, crime ever so horrible. Take a look at Roger and Me to see how hopeless of a city it is.

No place I'd rather be than Chicagoland, my home! :)

NYC (pre 9/11, particularly in the late 80's, early 90's, brothels ;) )

East Coast anywhere (CT, Mass, NH...); great history, hookers

Chitown (there are numerous classic neighborhoods back when my p's were growing up, but from my experiences [not just for partying, but living, period {hookers not req.}] ):

-In a high rise by LSD (balcony a must for grilling)

(south side)

Archer Ave area closer to Midway

95th St, years ago (OK, mostly Evergreen Pk and Oak Lawn, but classic SS Irish, killer food & ice cream)

(north side)

Wayyy north away from stinkin' Park, like West Rogers Park, Jeff Park, along the river, etc.

Galewood Area about 15 years back

Miami Beach; topless titties, hookers

LA, Hollywood Hills area- any of those communities up on the hills with a killer view [ready to come down in an earthquake]; hookers down in Hollywood

A comfortable toilet.

lavanim.gif

Canmore Alberta Canada, no s***! 15mins from Banff, f***in' gorgeous, anybody who come's will be traeted like royalty, just say the words I'm there.

Im sorry matthew, but as you might conclude by the fact that my number one is tropical Hawaii, I dont really like colder, coniferous forest kinda places like that. What I think is beautiful is tropical rain forest, with waterfalls cascading thru, and then a beautiful sunset over a beautiful beach. But thats just me...

Ive also heard good things about Sedona Arizona. Has anyone been there?

NYC (pre 9/11, particularly in the late 80's, early 90's, brothels  ;)  )

East Coast anywhere (CT, Mass, NH...); great history, hookers

Chitown (there are numerous classic neighborhoods back when my p's were growing up, but from my experiences [not just for partying, but living, period {hookers not req.}] ):

-In a high rise by LSD (balcony a must for grilling)

(south side)

Archer Ave area closer to Midway

95th St, years ago (OK, mostly Evergreen Pk and Oak Lawn, but classic SS Irish, killer food & ice cream)

(north side)

Wayyy north away from stinkin' Park, like West Rogers Park, Jeff Park, along the river, etc.

Galewood Area about 15 years back

Miami Beach; topless titties, hookers

LA, Hollywood Hills area- any of those communities up on the hills with a killer view [ready to come down in an earthquake]; hookers down in Hollywood

A comfortable toilet.

lavanim.gif

Thats surely a nice list. Yet I wonder how, with your obsession for whores, you left out Amsterdams red light district... :huh:

A comfortable toilet.

lavanim.gif

Thats surely a nice list. Yet I wonder how, with your obsession for whores, you left out Amsterdams red light district... :huh:

Well, I left off places I haven't been to. That's probably why I don't have Hawaii on the list! I don't have an obsession for whores, necessarily, I just think they're good for the community. :cheers

A comfortable toilet.

lavanim.gif

Well, I left off places I haven't been to. That's probably why I don't have Hawaii on the list! I don't have an obsession for whores, necessarily, I just think they're good for the community. :cheers

Go to Hawaii man. Youll love it. Even if I dont go to UH, Im still going there when I leave highschool. I cant describe Hawaiis beauty. The onyl way to experience it is first hand...

3) New York City...I live 20 miles away so it's kinda like home. I am surprised people have not said this yet, because it really is great. Although before I moved here, when I was in Chicago, I always resented NYC because it gets more attention. But now I see it deserves all of the attention, I especially like mid-town.

2) Chicago...Home sweet home. Nothing like home, love the White Sox to add to that. OldRoman said that he likes the South Side, I am not as much a fan of the south side as the Loop and the places to go on the north side. I feel like a traitor saying that, but Comiskey Park is my favorite place in the city so don't charge me of treason. I also love this little 'grease spoon' type hamburger stand on the south side, I can't remember if it is called Maxwell St. Station, or 35th St. Station, either way great burgers pick 'em up eat in the car.

1) Hawaii...I am typically a city person, but I loved Hawaii. I stayed in Honalulu at this hotel right on Waikiki beach. Climbed diamond head, my uncle was in the navy so we got a free tour of some ships. Swam in the crystal clear water, saw the dole pineapple plantation, saw pearl harbor. Great place...I am not sure if I would like living there though.

Boston, London, and Monterrey Bay are all runners up to the top 3.