even joe cowley thinks kenny is full of shit.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

i would rather have a  handful of guys who bring in wins as opposed to a bunch of kenny williams robot creampuffs who cant hit s*** and dont get us numbers in the win column

just like miguel olvio uh:bringit

Personally, I think the Sox are going to make a huge mistake and rush Olivo before he's ready to catch at the big league level. Catchers, above all else, need to be throughly prepared for the day-in, day-out routines behind the plate (I mean, if you can play the outfield in AAA, you can play the outfield in Chicago), however, the Sox are going to ruin Olivo by forcing him up through the system to fast and throwing him to the lions before he's adequately prepared.

If Kenny Williams and the Sox were serious about adding character they'd have signed Thome, case closed, no matter the cost.

Thome is known as one of baseball's great guys and a stud.

Even if for some reason he flopped, he'd find a way to make a contribution.

The Sox are blowing so much smoke out their butts.

KW is a disgrace. JR even worse.

Jim Thome is the guy we need.

Originally posted by greg775

If Kenny Williams and the Sox were serious about adding character they'd have signed Thome, case closed, no matter the cost.

He would be a nice addition and would be a nice way to say :**** you to the Indians.

Originally posted by Molto

they aren't planning on rushing Olivo.

he's gonna be battling with paul and johnson.  either way, you'll see a platoon. 

If they were serious, they'd put Josh Paul on a deserted island in the middle of the Pacific Ocean and cut their losses, they'd get a decent, veteran, Rent-A-Catcher, let him get the majority of the playing time and give some to MJ and allow Olivo to further his development in AAA.

Guest hotsoxchick1

are you out of your f***ing mind????why in the hell do we need thome here???? what are you going to do with paulie then??? thome will not only cost us upwards of about 15 mill..(something the phillies are going to offer him this upcoming week to play there)...but what purpose will he serve here????? we need pitching... and desperately...... we could use a catcher.......we have enough dh players already..... we have no room nor no need for a guy who strikes out as much as thome does..........we have that already too...........why spend the cash on clevelands castoff instead of putting that money to better use and getting us something we actually need for a change instead of a bandaid..............

Guest hotsoxchick1
Originally posted by LDF
Originally posted by hotsoxchick1

i would rather have a  handful of guys who bring in wins as opposed to a bunch of kenny williams robot creampuffs who cant hit s*** and dont get us numbers in the win column

just like miguel olvio uh:bringit

ldf olivo is not one of kennys creampuff robots.. i can guarentee ya that much.... he can not only hit s***, he can throw it out at second.........lol........

Guest hotsoxchick1

thome aint going to happen here... first off hes headed to phillie to talk contract and they are about to offer him somewhere in the neighborhood of 15 mil a year ..... we sure aint going to do that espically if we are trying to jew frank out of his 10 mil......second of all lee is so far up kennys ass that he will be the dh if frank leaves... so we have no place here for thome........sorry greg but he aint coming here..........we have too many like him already..... oh and just because thome has one year where he breaks 50 homers and two years where he has 40 does not make him a god... it makes him an average player since all the other years he sucked............and never went over 35 homers.......a mediocre player with the same stuff we already have here... minus a few hundred strikeouts.........

Thome ain't a castoff. Check his stafs.

He is a god, small g.

He is DH with Frank gone.

I want Thome.

We ain't gonna win with our current crop.

Thome can bring us the big prize.

If we had an owner that would be willing to bring in both a pitcher and hitter, then Thome would be the perfect fit for this club.

We'd dump Frank and add the left handed power stick that everyone likes and Thome is a classy guy. I've never heard a bad thing about him, and it appears that he only gets better with age.

Of course in Jr's world we may not even get a pitcher which has to be our #1 need, so the Sox can't go out and spend a ton of money on a hitter and then sit their with the same lousy, questionable pitching staff.

Thome would make this offense fabulous, but I think our offense is already a step above most in the majors, although it does hold some questionmarks, such as the top of the order. Either way its going to be the pitching staff that will put us in the playoffs and take us far. The offense will be their, its time for the pitchers to step up.

I know we ain't gonna get Thome. My point is we need guys like him if we ever expect to win anything.

With a team that is cheap, we need a good creative GM and we ain't got one.

I just wish the year JR decided to spend some money he'd get somebody like Thome. A clubhouse guy who can play.

The one year we spend money we get Al Belle.

If we're ever gonna win anything, as cheap as we are, we need a creative talented GM that can find us an Ichiro or something.

We ain't got the talent to win squat again next year, folks. We are a .515 team at best; .449 at worst.

Guest hotsoxchick1

jas we are out of charms..... even post cerial cant come up with as many charms we will need to be lucky enough to win anything in the near future.......

Guest hotsoxchick1

hes been doing that dance for quite some time now and look at where its gotten us.....ok so we have yellow stars, blue moons, pink hearts, purple diamonds and green clovers....oh yeah and orange horseshoes.....all we need now is blood red kenny heads........can we be that lucky?????

Originally posted by Chisoxfn

We just need Lucky Charms, hey Mike, ya Irishmen, we need the Luck of the Irish so start doing an Irish Dance for the Sox and were gonna go to the Series and Win It All!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :metal

The only kind of luck Sox fans have is a season like 2000 only to have our asses handed to us in the playoffs three-and-out.