Firesale

Soxplosion

Who would be the first to go in a firesale?  

14 members have voted

1. 1. Who would be the first to go in a firesale?

• Buehrle
    • Thomas
    • Colon
    • Koch
    • Valentin
    • Lee
    • Konerko
    • Alomar
    • Ordonez
    • Other (please specify)

I chose other because I can't decide, most of the guys on that list should probably go. I'd love to keep Colon, but it most likely won't happen.

CWSOX45

Id like to keep Colon and Thomas, but altho I think they wont be the first to go, I think both would be gone in a firesale. And that saddens me. Frank made me a Sox fan and all I want from him is that he finish his career here. Yet due to our failures, that isnt looking likely...

We can get rid of Jose at the end of the year... albeit we have no one else to play SS.

Lee must be dumped as well.

I wish we could move kong and thomas. but we are STUCK with those two.

Colon is someone i would like resigned to a 3-4 year deal MAX!

To Old Roman:

Thomas is untradable for two reasons. One, he is a ten/five man so he can veto any trade he doesn't like.

Two, who would take him, given his record since 2001? i.e. old, diminished skills, low average, not much power, slow, no defense, can't throw, can't run, can't slide, heavy contract for four more years (I think), and a reputation for disrupting things in the clubhouse.

Of course, this is just my opinion; I could be wrong.

Thomas and Konerko are untradable.  We are stuck.

Can the Sox buyout Thomas's contract at the end of the season? They really need to start things over - A BIT. Keep Magglio, Olivo, Jimenez, Crede, and Borchard around offensively.

Keep Marte, Glover, Wright (if he can prove himself), Buehrle, Garland (If he can prove himself), Colon, Loiaza (This is a tough one though; If he is dominating at his salary he could be the most valuable player in the majors when it comes to trade bait and you have to wonder if he will keep it up). If in a month he is still dominating, I have no doubt that the Sox could get any teams top prospect and still more. Colon could do the same thing. I don't want to see Colon go cause he's an absolute horse. In my mind Colon goes if the Sox want to use next year as a rebuilding year and then spend money that offseason. If they want to dump guys and cut money now and then use that money to replace players in the offseason then you should sign colon.

Then mix in some of the youngsters like Miles, Rauch, etc and give them all a shot over the rest of the year and see what they can do. I guarantee we could and some top notch talent for some of these guys. Carlos still could get something valuable while Konerko is very hard to trade, but tradeable if the Sox take on a contract (Contract for Contract type thing).

Thomas is immovable unless he picks it up. Thomas just hit a bomb - JUST Foul. If he picks it up then the Sox MUST move him. I love Frank, but he's not the fit for this offense. I'm sick of having slow immovable objects offensively and its time to use the DH right as a way to rest players and play role playing type guys while going with matchups.