Scoop Jackson discovered Joey Porter

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...ht&lid=tab1pos1

All of a sudden, the cat I was dark horsing to be the star of the game -- while everyone else was picking Ben Roethlisberger or Willie Parker or was getting caught up in Jerome's exit -- became the star of the pre-Super Bowl hype machine. He became the story of the game before the game. The Greg Lloyd we love to hate.

And because of that, the come-from-nowhere factor that helps defensive players become stars in the Super Bowl is gone like "Emily's Reasons Why Not."

This was supposed to be the Discovery of Joey Porter. This Super Bowl was supposed to be the game that caused those who don't follow football to fall in love with him, and those already in love with him to feel good about his finally getting the credit he's due.

I discovered him last year. When the Steelers were 15-1, I knew there had to be another reason why they were unbeatable, besides the phenom rookie QB. I followed Porter in the playoffs last year. I saw the Rick James in him, the fire and desire.

Why does Scoop Jackson think that Joey Porter is this unknown come out of nowhere tackling machine that doesnt get any recognition? Not to mention that Joey Porter has been talking s*** since before the Steelers played the Bears, but Porter has been regarded as one of the best blitzing linebackers in the league for a couple years now, Porter gets plenty of recognition for what he does.

I love Scoop saying he discovered Porter last year, like he was following the "cool" band before they hit it big.

I think he may have meant he discovered Porter, as in he finally found out about him, or finally started watching him play. I don't think he's actually saying he discovered Porter as a good LB, as most scouts knew he was the most dangerous pass rusher for us for the past 4-5 years.