Would you trade for Posada

soxfan420

well, thing is do the Sox want to invest money on another offensive player?

I don't think there is any doubt we need a starting pitcher. what would be the point in getting a Posado and not getting that front line pitcher?

however, Posado would give us a strong catcher and lefthanded bat. only problem would be where would you bat him. you can't possibly bat him after Konerko. if so, we'll be seeing a TON of triple plays with them two running.

one guy the sox should consider is Lieber. If he recovers, he can be a quality pitcher for us.

We need a starting pitcher, but we also need a winning attitude and a leader on the field and Posada is just that. He knows how to win, and call a game, work with great pitchers and is an all star i think we should pick him up if we can and then pick up another pitcher. we should be able to do that with the increase ticket prices, thomas being gone, not to mention all the money we gained from last years trade, increased season ticket holders due to all star game. if he doesnt bring in atleast 1-2 big name players im gonna be pissed.

he is only 2-3 players away from winning a world series why doesnt JR see that?

Originally posted by Molto

one guy the sox should consider is Lieber.  If he recovers, he can be a quality pitcher for us.

Mario, your a genius. I forgot all about this guy. It would be a good long term move picking him up to about a 2 or 3 year deal. First year guaranteed with the second two option years that have a lot of incentives.

Lieber is one of the best pitchers in baseball, and never depended on a hard fastball so he should be able to recover from the injury. The guys a true workhorse. I doubt he does anything for us this year, but the next two years could pay big dividends, so I think that would be a good move.

As far as Posada goes, I just say no. The guy makes 10 mill a year and will for 5 yrs if I recall. Thats way too much money for the Sox to pay for a catcher, considering we could easily spend 10 million and acquire someone like Glavine or Maddux.

If were going to spend 10 mill, spend it on pitching, not a catcher, especially considering we have Olivo. Plus, with our defense, I don't think we could afford to have Posada and his atrocious arm. He makes Josh Paul look like Pudge behind the plate.

I'll pass. He has a nice stick even though he strikes out a lot. But his defense is just not good. 12 errors last year and threw out something like 24% of base runners. That at 10 mil a year? No thanks. Olivo will do just fine. I don't think offense is really a top priority. We need pitching. Use that money to go get a good pitcher.

plus, how much will the yankees be asking in return?

the yanks never get ripped on a deal unless they are giving up youth to get the big name guy. I'm sure a deal like this would have us giving up a Garland, Lee, and someone else.

I'd rather take my chances with Olivo and use that money towards a pitcher.

I'd rather offer Dan Wilson or (shudder)

I-Rod a one or 2 year deal.I'd also like to make some kind of offer to Greg Maddux.

But I know better.The cheap ass "pay for no pitching" tactics of Reinsdork prevent the Sox from even thinking about making an offer.

Funny that a man who claims he wants to beat the sCrUBS more than anything else wouldn't take a shot at Maddux AND Leiber. :(:(